Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member with a GS 450 L

Hi everyone.
    I have just purchased a non-running GS 450 L and I was desperately navigating the internet looking for info and resources when I found this awesome forum. It looks like I can find here everything I need plus very competent members. Please forgive my English (it’s not my mother tongue) and my ignorance about this bike. I hope you can help me at least for the latter.
    Suzuki GS 450 L

Welcome. Your English is better than many people I know who only know English. I don’t recall having any other members from Luxembourg, many other Europeans here though.

I would suggest creating a signature that has your bike’s year and model info at the very least. Go to settings at the top right of any page.

A good first read, if you haven’t already, is the Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread linked in my signature. I didn’t write it, but do reference it often.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Welcome!

As was said, your English is great.

Do post pics of your bike and update your signature as suggested.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hello, Atranti!
        The main library here is BikeCliff's. goto BikeCliff's Website Much of the information there is common to all the Suzukis of this era. Also, https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...vetrain-Clutch on the forum is particular to the twin cylinder Suzukis...

ALSO, an excellent pdf shop manual for the 450 here, if the link still works. If not "PM" me and I'll send it on

Comment

Thank you all. Very helpful hints.
          I’ll follow your advice and read all the documents you linked to start with. I’ll also improve my signature as soon as I understand which year is my bike exactly.
          Suzuki GS 450 L

Comment

Thank you very much

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
            Hello, Atranti!
            The main library here is BikeCliff's. goto BikeCliff's Website Much of the information there is common to all the Suzukis of this era. Also, https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...vetrain-Clutch on the forum is particular to the twin cylinder Suzukis...

ALSO, an excellent pdf shop manual for the 450 here, if the link still works. If not "PM" me and I'll send it on
            https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ice-Manual-PDF
            The service manual is awesome, thank you. I couldn't find it anywhere.
            Suzuki GS 450 L

Comment

Working...
            X