No announcement yet.

USPS already getting slow ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder.. Louis Dejoy, Trump-selected current head of the USPS is very interested in harming throughput, to the advantage of his personal stock holdings in these other two:

Last edited by free99; 12-18-2020, 02:38 AM.
    1982 GS 450L aka Lil' Red
    1980 GS 1000G aka Big Red (Resto-mod WIP)

Comment

UPS and USPS are both running slow. UPS is helping with corona vaccines, and the USPS in my area went to heII in about 2011. I just got a USPS package in on the 12/17 that was due on 11/28. Also don't send money in a red envelope to anyone for Christmas, I got two this year both had been opened. One had a check in it the other one with 5 $20's it just had the card. The envelopes were marked with a note that they had been damaged by a sorting machine. The odd thing is the red envelopes were only only two envelopes I have ever received damaged, and the sorting machines sorted the cash right out of the envelope and left the check. I spent a few hours on the phone with the USPS what a waste. Merry Christmas all.
      1981 GS1100E
      1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by metalfab View Post
        Also don't send money in a red envelope to anyone for Christmas, I got two this year both had been opened.
        Never, ever send cash in any kind of envelope.
        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          Holiday slowdowns are pretty normal, but we have a much higher volume than even a normal holiday season.

Also, not to get all vortexy, but some of you seem to have very, very short memories; it was only a few months ago in the USA that there were large-scale and often successful efforts to remove automation and funding to slow down mail because certain folks didn't want a certain type of mail from certain areas to get to certain places by certain dates.

And similar deliberate and too often successful efforts to sabotage USPS funding have been going on for many years.

Don't blame the mail carrier you see. It's partly management, but it's mostly the inevitable result of years of political interference.

FWIW, FedEx, UPS, DHL, and Amazon delivery are all quite a bit slower than usual right now. They were already struggling to deal with the increased volume and staffing issues from COVID-19, and the holidays have made things even worse.
          I ordered something from Aliexpress Dec. 9, it showed up yesterday via DHL. Pretty fast IMO.
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Just watching our local news & saw the USPS is implementing new standards, today 10/1/21, that will raise prices & slow some delivery. Dang, I's hoping they had already done that.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by free99 View Post
              Just a reminder.. Louis Dejoy, Trump-selected current head of the USPS is very interested in harming throughput, to the advantage of his personal stock holdings in these other two:

You hit this right on the head. This is all due to Trump's appointed head of the USPS -- and because of the way the USPS personnel system is set up, it's not easy too easy to get rid of him. His FIRST change was to start removing electronic sorting machines that help sort the mail faster than people can. Why in heaven's name would anyone do that? The answer is simple -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$
              sigpic
              '77 GS550B
              '78 GS550C

Comment

At least the mail is faster than this thread rate of one post per year. lol
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Funny thread revivals
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

They have really gotten bad. Packages leave local hubs, cross the country and then return to the local hub. Only to continue their trip. I bought a guitar body in a neighboring state, it went on vacation I say. It went to 7 different hubs, and traveled over 2000 miles, it started out 250 miles away from me. It only took one month for it to arrive. I just read the USPS was raising rates too.
                    1981 GS1100E
                    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by metalfab View Post
                      I just read the USPS was raising rates too.
                      You're just a wee bit late. It went up to $0.58 on August 29th. And we knew that months ago.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I resurrected the thread cause I had noticed slower USPS back then & now, 10 mo. later, they are telling us about it. I apologize for missing the part of the news cast that said the prices had gone up back in Aug., but they did say the new standards went in to effect Fri. Oct. 1 that would slow delivery for many as their standards dropped from 3 day delivery to 5 day delivery. That was CBS evening news. Just say'in I bought a shirt from Los Vegas 9/19/21, according to tracking # USPS received item 9/20/21/, I received it 9/30/21. That's 10 days. History shows the Pony Express delivered mail from Cal. to MO. in 10 days, just thought we'd have got a little quicker since 1860... Dang it, I couldn't find a "pony Express" office near me.
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

A few weeks ago I bought a used part from our member OldGSfan, from Mission Viejo, Ca. He sent me the part after our discussion on a Saturday morning.

Monday morning, said item was in my mailbox. I was super impressed with the USPS to get something sent from California on a Saturday afternoon to my mailbox in Omaha, Ne. in less than 48 hours.

Also on the flip side of the coin, I have ordered parts from Florida that took over a week and at least double the mileage to get to me.
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Should have included & don't mean everything is always late, I do get some things really quick, just seems the late arrivals are far more often than I'm accustomed to.
                            Last edited by rphillips; 10-02-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I haven't used USPS for about five years now . But I used to use them quite regularly for shipping bought items ..... There is a little peninsula about twenty miles south of me that is part of the US as it hangs down over the 49th . Kanadian Customs told Revenue Kanada that they weren't going to collect their revenue for them so they don't bat an eye when I tell them I've got a backseat full of new tires and just give a cheerful " Have a nice day sir " ....But I was always impressed with the speed of the shipping never taking more than a few days .... But I haven't used them for a few years now .......
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                              X