Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instrument Cluster Making a Whining Sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for all the help. Things are working better. I have another question about my 82' GS1100E. Has anyone ever put too much oil in, and if so what are the consequences? May sound like a dumb question, maybe it is, but I think I did it. I measured the oil and added the amount listed on the engine, but after I started it, and let it run for a few minutes, I shut it off and checked the window about 30 minutes later. The oil was barely even visible. I then added about 200 mL and drove the bike. Oil started coming out of the left side down by my foot. It seemed like a lot. Again I sat on the side of the rode for about 30 minutes until oil arrived via my wife. Got home cleaned up the bike. parked it. No oil leak. Any thoughts on this one?
    1980 GS750E
    1982 GS1100E

Comment

I don't know much about ml's & liters, I'm more familiar with qt. & oz. The Gs1100 takes appx. 4 qt. of oil at oil change. When oil is at L (low) mark, it will need appx. 1 qt. to get it up to the F (full) mark on window. Just to be sure, never check oil while bike is on the side stand, will show way low. Never had a GS over full. I did have a 2005 Suzuki Bandit 1200 over full, pet cock leaked & almost filled crankcase. At idle all was fine, started down the rd. engine sputtered to a stop & oil was gushing out of the vent tube under the bike.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Oil was checked at all times on the center stand, but I will look underneath again for a vent tube. I did not see one yesterday, but will look again. It had to be coming from somewhere only while running, and I thought there had to be an overflow tube somewhere. Thanks!
        1980 GS750E
        1982 GS1100E

Comment

There are seals at gearshift and drive-chain sprocket too....

Comment

Working...
          X