Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headlight coverage

Quote Originally Posted by dpep View Post
    Motorcycles require countersteering to turn meaning the front wheel (and therefore headlight) are pointed in the opposite direction that the bike is turning. It has always been thus. The correction for that is called adaptive lighting. I know some expensive BMW models have it. To my knowledge only one company offers an after market product for most other makes. It's not cheap but if you do a lot of night riding it is probably a wise investment.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...76e47ac823690d

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsconsin View Post
    My 1983 GS850GL with a Trucklite installed and Superbright LEDs 2" work lights (12V) on the lower crash bars - So this is MY EXPERIENCE

Pay attention to the LOWER driving lights -
    Those are wide beam LEDs (30 degree) that will light up much of the side of the roadways at night -
    AND consequently the wider beam and lower placement will light around the corner -- a little -- better than the Headlamp alone -

My opinion -
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

My humble 2 cents worth is night time is really a bad time to push it through corners. Many animals come out at night, plus you cant judge the oncoming road conditions near as well with any lighting at night. You can work on the lighting, but no matter what you do reading the road is so important pushing it through the corners nightfall is an extreme handicap.
    1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Very true ^^ If I can't see through the corner, I slow down in any case. Never truer than at night.