Cavalcades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalcades

Just put things away in the shop where I just placed the 86 Cavalcade.Now this one I bought as a runner but has some fork problems for $500.He was asking $1500.Down from previously asking 2500. So I came in and sat down at the computer looking at motorcycles for sale and guess what? 86 Cavalcade same model as mine except color,sitting in the brush asking $1500. I figured why not so I put in an offer. Late now but tomorrow should tell....

Seems that "Bad forks" could be a problem that's taken care of by repolacing whichever part is "bad" as opposed to replacing an entire fork. Nothing wrong with having a parts bike around I guess.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

So here's the info on the issue that the previous owner was dealing with.He was coming into his driveway,which is gravel and grass,wife on the back, and swung a tad wide and caught on the concrete base of his mailbox. Twisted the forks and snapped the stiffening brace between the forks. Laughingly called a brace. That thing wouldn't hold up a parakeet cage. So he had a billet aluminum brace made. Got another set of forks and put new seals in.But he just didn't want to fool with it. So that's where it's at right now.Still haven't heard back on the other cavalcade,just have to wait.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by red1100; 12-21-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X