Why are CBs and KZs the popular ones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
    Your own fault Rob, you shouldn't have got such a new modern bike, the first 2 yrs the 1100E had the nicer looking emblems.
    I'll bet the battery was easier to access then too.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      I'll bet the battery was easier to access then too.
      Sure, but that lunchbox headlight....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Sure, but that lunchbox headlight....
        I quite like the '80-'81 1100. Not a huge fan of the headlight, but lots of solutions there ...
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Hey, where's the love for the lunch box??????
          1981 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by bull958 View Post
            Hey, where's the love for the lunch box??????
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Lol..........................
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Lol..........................
                That's the 1980 model, of course.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Mines an '81, thought it looked a little different.
                  1981 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by bull958 View Post
                    Mines an '81, thought it looked a little different.
                    You're right:
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

1981-Strawberry-Shortcake-Metal-Lunch-Box78-pic-1-2048-19-f.jpgI've got this one. It was optional because it comes with the thermos.
                      1981 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                        I believe there are far more GS survivors than Honda or Kawasaki. I see GS bikes quite a bit, the others not so much. Rarity breeds value. It's the price Suzuki paid for being a better bike. Except for the wiring.....
                        We have a tendency to see things we have in common with others, I notice every Toyota Tundra on the road because I have one. So if you ride a GS you likely won't notice a CB as readily as another GS.

I ride a CBX and a GS so I notice other CBX and GS when they cross my path. Locally I know of 25-30 CBX and even more CB's but other GS's maybe 10-15 and those all belong to my vintage buddies. Suzuki's like my GS1150efe I've only seen two others. Honda has dominated sales for decades no other manufacturer even comes close in production there's a lot of them still out there tucked away in barns, garages and sheds.
                        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Hey, did someone mention lunch boxes? There's a great little mom and pop restaurant just east of Omaha NE that has these and several more on display

Lunch Boxes by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                          sigpic
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

25-30 CBX's in one area??? Dang I never see them & if I do they really catch my attention. My opinion they weren't the best at anything but looking good. Those red & black "79" models have got to be the best looking bike ever produced.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I witnessed a 79 CBX with 43 miles on the clock sell at auction in 2018 for $17,500. Fast forward to 2020 at a Mecum motorcycle auction in Las Vegas and that same bike with it's 43 miles on the clock sold for $26,000.

Only bad thing about something like that is the fact that you can't ride it or else it's value drops like a heavy rock. Plus all the rubber parts are 43 years old.
                              Just a museum piece and I don't buy museum pieces. What I buy, I ride.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                                I witnessed a 79 CBX with 43 miles on the clock sell at auction in 2018 for $17,500. Fast forward to 2020 at a Mecum motorcycle auction in Las Vegas and that same bike with it's 43 miles on the clock sold for $26,000.

Only bad thing about something like that is the fact that you can't ride it or else it's value drops like a heavy rock. Plus all the rubber parts are 43 years old.
                                Just a museum piece and I don't buy museum pieces. What I buy, I ride.
                                YES. I hate garage queens. The CBx was made to be ridden. Let the museums collect them. That bike is still on my most wanted list.
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X