Polaris Regulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris Regulator?

Hi I'm looking to upgrade my r/r on my 1983 1100 e,cuz I'm burning up stators with my China r/r. Read on here that I should get a Polaris 4012941 series r/r found alot on ebay not sure how to tell they are the series type . This is the eBay # 392875853353 for black one, or eBay# 114377580527 for gray one ,is there a difference with colors ? And are they series type ?, are these the the one that will work on my bike. And which stator would you recommend to use with this type regulator? do I need special connector for these regulators. thanks for any info

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hi yeah that link didn't work not sure why probably on my end . Thanks anyway

Comment

MadGS

Post links to the eBay items and we can tell you whether they are legit or not. But basically, should be used and look it (typically) and should have the factory label printed in white on the top fin, like pic below, which is mine, installed.

ah, never mind. I just looked up those two item #s on eBay. Neither is a real Shindengen SH775.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 12-27-2020, 12:13 PM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by MadGS1100e View Post
          Hi yeah that link didn't work not sure why probably on my end . Thanks anyway
          It's just a link to the search function for "SH775" but you can do that yourself.
          Should give you 3, or 4, or 152 threads to review.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Don't get ripped off - Originally posted by member wymple Get the real SH775
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Have a look here for a sh775

Stock Image. This is a stock image representing the product you will receive. All items will be in good usable condition. Please check fitment chart for compatibility for your model. Please email or message us with any possible questions in regard to fitment or specifics. We are hear to help you get your machine back up and moving. Thanks for shopping with Powersportsnation.

That is the correct part number and the seller is good I have purchased one from them as are others on this site
              you could ask if it has Sh775 printed on it
              Last edited by fastbysuzuki; 12-27-2020, 05:19 PM.
              The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
              past bikes. RF900
              TL1000s
              Hayabusa
              gsx 750f x2
              197cc Francis Barnett
              various British nails

Comment

Hi fastbysuzuki, thanks for the link,it's seems like the real sh-7755, the 4th picture shows the stamp on it, and it looks right compared to the one I saw on the video link,Allojohn sent me. looks like stainless steel bottom too. So this should be a series R/R rite ? If more people could look at it and tell me it's good that would be great don't want to end up with wrong one . Thanks everyone for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGS1100e View Post
                  Hi fastbysuzuki, thanks for the link,it's seems like the real sh-7755, the 4th picture shows the stamp on it, and it looks right compared to the one I saw on the video link,Allojohn sent me. looks like stainless steel bottom too. So this should be a series R/R rite ? If more people could look at it and tell me it's good that would be great don't want to end up with wrong one . Thanks everyone for the help.
                  Yes that's the real one I did not see the 4th picture buy it before it goes
                  1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                  past bikes. RF900
                  TL1000s
                  Hayabusa
                  gsx 750f x2
                  197cc Francis Barnett
                  various British nails

Comment

Thanks alot, fastbysuzuki, I bought it, probably wouldn't of found a real one my own. Got to recheck my stator too. If it doesn't pass the test which stator would you guys recommend? I've tried the cheap caltric, etc haven't had any luck with those at all . Again thanks for all the help

Comment

I have not used a Caltric however quite a few on here has with good results, it's possible/ probable your old Chinese rectifier finished them off I assume it was a shunt.
                      i am sure that others will be along to offer their experiences.
                      Now you will have to think on how you are going to connect the SH775 this is what I did

This is using the Triumph link lead

Triumph part# T2500676.

Cut off the two small plugs then carefully split the harness so you have one plug with two brown and two black wires twist the Browns together likewise with the blacks so you now have a plug with one brown and one black so to speak.
                      The brown connects to the red wire in the bikes harness where the original rectifier/regulator red connected to, know as the T connection on various posts on here.
                      The black connects to the single point ground see many posts on here or just use the search facility for information.
                      The three blacks on the other plug connect to the three wires that come from the stator it does not matter which wire connects to which ( there is no polarity)
                      All joints where twisted together soldered and shrink wrapped.
                      The two left over wires in the bikes harness can be taped up and tucked away as they were for the handle bar loop and are not in use now.

there are other ways and others will be along to offer opinions.

1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                      past bikes. RF900
                      TL1000s
                      Hayabusa
                      gsx 750f x2
                      197cc Francis Barnett
                      various British nails

Comment

Depending on what reg-rec you were using, the previous stators might have had a short life anyway, so the Caltric one might have been perfectly fine in conjunction with a series SH-775.
                        As an illustration of how much it affects stator life, I fitted an SH-775 to mine years ago (probably 5 now) and deliberately left the old stator in place to see how long it lasted. The old stator looked a bit cooked, and I'm utterly certain it would have pegged out by now if I'd been using a shunt reg-rec. It's still working fine.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

This is supposed to be a legit resource too if you don't want to deal with Ebay. Few guys on another forum I go to have used him http://roadstercycle.com/index.htm

He also stocks another newer series model (supposed to be physically even bigger..)

This is one I haven't seen before... I wonder if they are any good? Probably no better than a standard SH775 I would guess! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Series-Regu...4AAOSwIe5fchlP
                          Last edited by salty_monk; 12-28-2020, 09:34 PM.
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Got my sh775ba r/r, checked it out referencing the YouTube video and definitely is the real deal. It is kinda dirty should I clean it or just leave as is? And which terminal is power and which one is ground? I know the other 3 go straight to the stator and doesn't matter which one goes where. I been using a inline 15 amp fused power wire straight to the battery,and a single point ground, is this ok with the sh775ba r/r. Thanks for all the help

Comment

Personally I would clean it, the terminals are below

Myself I would connect the red to where the original rectifier was in the harness and use the single point ground this way you keep everything the same as stock regarding the fuse box but others have gone to the battery's + using a fuse I thought I had seen 20amp but wait!
                              Let someone that has done it that way confirm/ or not.
                              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                              past bikes. RF900
                              TL1000s
                              Hayabusa
                              gsx 750f x2
                              197cc Francis Barnett
                              various British nails

Comment

Working...
                              X