FNG with 83 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FNG with 83 GS750

Hello everyone. Among other bikes, I got an 83 GS 750E. The maroon one. I've always thought they were beautiful. This bike has been sitting for years so I've mainly been collecting parts. I found a nice fuel tank and cowl, got another airbox and carb kits etc. I just retired so ill finally have time to start working on it. I have some questions but ill wait a bit before asking them.
    I'm hoping that you all can help me avoid the inevitable cluster fudges.

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Welcome to the GSR & also to the world of the retired (I call it a permanent vacation). Without pictures we won't know for sure you have an "83" GS750E. We need proof. What else ya got, that's interesting also.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

To be honest, I'm having a horrible time posting pictures ill try tomorrow through my phone but that's a pain. I have a Flickr account but, being a Dope, haven't figured it out yet.
      Currently I have a 2006 ZX14. Love it. I have a 2004 KTM 450 EXC bored out to 540c.c , street legal. Am planning on racing it in Supermoto next year. 2005 Yamaha Zuma 50 that I'm bringing back from the dead. A 2001 Yamaha Big Bear quad that I got fixed up after it sat for 10 years in the snow. And the GS. I got the Suzuki for free. Kinda bashed up but I've got a lot of good parts for it. Looking forward to getting it running again.
      I spend my time around the homestead and out in the garage working on bikes. I even bought myself a good bike lift.

Mad
      83 GS750E
      2006 ZX14
      2004 KTM 450 EXC
      2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Hi. Welcome.

A few tips to get you started on the right foot on the forum. These are not criticisms. Just things I've learned being on here for a little while

Please create a signature with your bike year and info in it. Go to settings at the top right of any page. You'll figure out the rest. A signature will help you avoid forgetting to write that info when asking for things, and no one will ever have to ask. It's very much appreciated.

The search function on this forum is very useful. There's tons of info here. Any issue you come up with has most certainly already been asked and answered. BUT - To get any meaningful search results, you MUST use Advanced, and you MUST search Titles Only. Search out your issues, see what you see, but don't let that stop you from asking questions. Just be prepared for a few "did you search for an answer in the archives?" responses.

Paragraphs are cool.

Pictures are even cooler.

Posting pictures on the forum is not a straightforward process. For best results, you need to have the pic hosted on another site (ie. Imgur, Flickr), copy the BBCode of the image, and paste that into your post. I've written info on using Imgur, linked in my signature.

The Top 10 Newbies Mistakes thread is a great read. Link in my signature.

BikeCliff's website is a treasure trove of manuals and how-to's. Bookmark that site. Link in my signature.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 12-29-2020, 10:14 PM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Welcome.
          Tons of info and knowledge here. Good luck with the bike.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I've sent you a private message regarding your bike.

Charlie G
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome. And especially Rich, great information there.
              Right now I'm just gathering information. I'm couchbound with a broken knee. My 90 lb, muscle bound American Bulldog with bad eyesight mowed me down on a walk. Ill be semi mobile in March. Until then, ill
              do some research and, no doubt, bother you on here with ridiculous questions and comments.

Mad
              83 GS750E
              2006 ZX14
              2004 KTM 450 EXC
              2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Welcome maddevil!

Heal up and update as time permits.

Rich gave some fantastic advice.

See you around.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

IMG_0421.jpg
                  Yay. I think I sent a picture

Mad
                  83 GS750E
                  2006 ZX14
                  2004 KTM 450 EXC
                  2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Aaaand it's sideways. Sigh...

Mad
                    83 GS750E
                    2006 ZX14
                    2004 KTM 450 EXC
                    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Here you go!

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-30-2020, 07:01 PM.
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

No problem.....you just gott'a know what buttons to push.
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                          I've sent you a private message regarding your bike.

Charlie G
                          I replied Charlie

Mad
                          83 GS750E
                          2006 ZX14
                          2004 KTM 450 EXC
                          2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

You guys mind telling me how you fixed my picture ? Like I
                            said, I'm a borderline moron.

Mad
                            83 GS750E
                            2006 ZX14
                            2004 KTM 450 EXC
                            2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

That's a good looking bike.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                              X