My bike, GS650E doesn't exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    Partzilla.com has some good parts fishe info. When you look up a part it will tell you what other model and year bikes the parts fit. Sometimes the PN's are different but the only real difference is color. Anyway, I think you will find that 95% of the parts between the different years for your bike are the same. I don't see a 1983 650E listed, so I'm not sure they had an existing model for that year in the US. The motorcycle market in the US was crashing and burning in 1983 and all the manufacturers had leftover models going back several years so it makes sense that Suzuki didn't update the model for some markets.
    Used Partzilla a lot with the XS650. Handy the cross reference on the part no's and the different models the parts would fit..............Did find they got some models for the XS650 part no's messed up when cross-referencing on some of the change over years. Especially around the Major changes on the XS650 in 73/74.

have you found this with any of the GS's models.....??
    82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
    Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
    Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
    Albums

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
      Well FWIW, I'm doing a storage cleanout and have a set of 650G barrels and pistons in good nick which I'm about to list on a local forum. Far as i know they're identical with the E.
      Just across the Tasman.....
      read the link in my post #13, That link also has a link that leads to my introduction post.............

I have bought the bike but the sale won't be finalized till next week.........The bike in in NZ. Check ot the links, they go into detail.

Still finding my way around the site. Do we have pm's?? If so i will PM you and we can discuss details.

Cheers
      Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
      Albums

Comment

Well FWIW, I'm doing a storage cleanout and have a set of 650G barrels and pistons in good nick which I'm about to list on a local forum. Far as i know they're identical with the E.
        Just across the Tasman.....
        Is that a local GS forum??
        Albums

Comment

For what it's worth, the 650E wasn't imported into some markets. As far as I know the few here in NZ are all grey imports from the Japanese home market.
          As such I wouldn't expect them to have the VIN Id seen on US models. Aussie got it's fair share of grey imports too....
          Missed you post Greg. Thanks, disregard the question in the PM..............yea Aus is still getting a few from Japan but most are from the US
          Albums

Comment

Working...
          X