Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traveling People 2021 - Wytheville VA - July 15 - 18 2021

Here's why Whythville VA --

Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Carl, is this something I can just show up at or do I need to sign up for by a certain date?

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
    Carl, is this something I can just show up at or do I need to sign up for by a certain date?
    The Traveling People gathering is much like the Brown County Rally -
    No rules - no schedule - no plans -
    Heck we even eliminated the 'picnic' to simplify the weekend and allow for more RIDING TIME

The idea is this --
    Like minded people gather in a good area that offers excellent riding and burn fuel at extreme rates
    We do gather in the parking lot in the evenings for adult beverages and some even organize a group meal if the mood suits them.

The only thing you MAY want to do is get a room off the reserved block at the hotel to receive the reduced rate -
    Accommodations is entirely up to you -

The only rule is NO RULES !

I hope you can make it - the riding is awesome and the people are better -
    I have been over the Back of the Dragon 4 times now - on my Goldwing and the 850 -
    The only thing better is Colorado mountains riding in my opinion and I have been EVERYWHERE motorcycle enthusiasts talk about
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

If you think the Back of the Dragon with 300+ corners in 30 miles is fun, and it is, wait till you ride the roads just to get there! That was an area we explored on our 2nd trip out there. More addictive than the moonshine we found. We are trying to plan a ride in that 5 state area every year until we cant ride anymore(old fartitis). We will again use a AirBnB place to explore the area "around" Waynesville. We were there last year, but a hurricane remnant dumped rain for 3 straight days and wasnt going away so we did and vowed to return for more roads we missed along with the great M/C museum in Waynesville.

Coming from Mn to these area's is like heaven if your a corner carver. The roads are like a pool table compared to Minnesota, beautiful views everywhere, lots of old history. Using a AirBnB place let us eat supper at home, plan the next days ride and felt like home.
    Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
    Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
    Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES