81 gs 250 t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs 250 t

I'm looking at this bike because it's cheap,has a title and needs tlc. Perfect! But the realistic side sez don't go overboard. Without much self restraint I could make this the most expensive gs 250 in history. But if I did a nice light cleanup both mechanical and cosmetic I don't see it going much over 5-600 anyway. Too many gs 500s around.Or I could walk away. Anybody really hot for one of these?

got pics, or at least a link?
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Offerup Portland.Oregon

Comment

this it? I don’t know man. No seat or tank in any of the pics. Cams and carbs in baggies. Someone took that engine half way apart for a reason.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Seat, exhaust, tank, visible in one picture. If you're wanting a project, to help learn to work on bikes, may be OK. My guess by the time you get it in much shape, you'll have as much invested in it as it will sell for. But for project ???
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Oh, I see the seat, tank and pipes now, on closer look. If I had a kid that was wanting to learn to wrench and ride, I’d probably spend $200 for it if it was in my neighborhood.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I'm not learning to wrench or ride and anyone who follows my posts knows how many bikes Iv'e brought back to life. If this was a bigger GS I would have it now. The end selling price after its brought back to running condition would be my interest. But there are a lot of cheap GS 500s around here so I may let this one slide. I may have the chance to get another red 83 1100E "in a barn" here close to me sitting since 88.Ah well,so it goes. I just looked at the gs 250 pics again,6177 miles. How the heck can someone do that to a bike? Out of the 20 or so bikes I've been through last two years the highest mileage was an 82 XS 850 special at 19,xxx and the lowest was this last 83 gs1100 at 6336.The throwaway society will aiways provide me with retirement entertainment. Plus I just picked up an 86 Cavalcade with 57,000 on it thats going to be my long distance ride.Guy hit his mailbox and went down in the grass with it so he left it out back and his wife sez get rid of that thing. So,$500 with historic plates and it's here.
              Last edited by red1100; 01-09-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by red1100 View Post
                I'm not learning to wrench or ride and anyone who follows my posts knows how many bikes Iv'e brought back to life.
                Without a signature in your posts, it's difficult to keep straight and remember who has what experience with what.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Not sure what you mean by signature? red1100 is all I know.

Comment

That's a nice little bike with title...for $200. Definitely a $200 bike (as my BIKE SHOP proprietor friend first told me when I brought my "T" to his shop--and I will never forget!).

Yes, it does help if you put SOME info in a profile SIGNATURE...especially if ONE rebuilds motorcycles.

(SIGNATURE is under "settings" at the top right of page...click on "edit signature" and add your information. This will show up under your replies such as what you see under mine)

Okay, moving on from that...

Since I started out on a 750 as a first bike...that's pretty much my minimum standard sized bike (prerequisite).

But if ONE likes to "flip" bikes, rebuilding experience is the best teacher.

Good luck with your decision.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-09-2021, 11:51 AM.
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

You see that lines of text, links, and sometime images at the bottom of almost everyone's posts? That's called a signature. It's used to put information about yourself/your bikes/experience that may be helpful to any reading your post and attempting to answer your questions or otherwise make helpful comments to your post. Once created (go to Settings at the top of this page, then on the left-hand side you'll see a link to start creating your signature), it shows up on all of your posts. Most people include maybe their first name (not necessary if you would rather just be know as red1100), list of current and/or past motorcycles owned, links to photo albums, other helpful links (advanced, you're not there yet)

Signatures are are much appreciated, as are links to things like craigslist items you're looking for comment on. Most folks won't bother to work for it, as I have, in going to craigslist, searching Portland Oregon, finding the bike, copying the link, and coming back here to post the link.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

OK got it. The reason I put the info on here is that I think anyone seriously interested could find it easily.I look at items others might want also.I'll investigate how to do the rest today.
                        Last edited by red1100; 01-09-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X