Cavalcade brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalcade brakes

Haven't done brake work in a while but I'm cleaning all three calipers on this just bought 86 Cavalcade. They aren't too bad,no rusty fluid.. Seems like the pucks are way too tight going back together. I thought pucks just slid freely in and out. Using air took a lot of pressure to pop them out.Feels like when it's all back together the pucks wont retract. Plus have new rotors and pads should be here tomorrow.

Did you remove the o-rings to clean the grooves they sit in? Just a little bit of crud in the groove will make the o-ring grip a bit harder on the piston. Also make sure to lube the o-ring with brake fluid and ONLY brake fluid.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

After going back and forth with D2 moto who sent me the wrong brake pads I decided to keep them cause they were the right ones for my GS. So,onto EBC pads for the Cavalcade. F- for customer service. They don't want to actually talk to a customer I guess. Twice on 800-Muzak hold for 20 minutes each time no one answered. Email sent and they came back saying you have to phone in.Finally got in after almost an hour and this very pleasant off shore order taker(she said India) took my order. That was last Tues. or Wed. No email by Fri. of confirm or tracking. Didn't dare call. I sent a scathing email Mon. I get a computer gen email yesterday morning saying my pads were delivered to my mailbox last Sat. That's all I'll ever buy from EBC. I'm out.
      Last edited by red1100; 01-14-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

New pads put in and now comes the bleeding. Oh fun.

Comment

Originally posted by red1100 View Post
          New pads put in and now comes the bleeding. Oh fun.
          Believe it or not, but Harbor Freight sells a really good vacuum bleeder for like $30. You hook it to your air
          compressor. Makes bleeding a breeze. Basically they copied the Motion Pro unit that sells for $100

Mad
          83 GS750E
          2006 ZX14
          2004 KTM 450 EXC
          2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Thanks I'll look it up tonight.

Comment

Got the hf bleeder today and wil try it tomorrow,just got home. Looks good anyway.

Comment

After going back and forth with D2 moto who sent me the wrong brake pads I decided to keep them cause they were the right ones for my GS. So,onto EBC pads for the Cavalcade. F- for customer service. They don't want to actually talk to a customer I guess. Twice on 800-Muzak hold for 20 minutes each time no one answered. Email sent and they came back saying you have to phone in.Finally got in after almost an hour and this very pleasant off shore order taker(she said India) took my order. That was last Tues. or Wed. No email by Fri. of confirm or tracking. Didn't dare call. I sent a scathing email Mon. I get a computer gen email yesterday morning saying my pads were delivered to my mailbox last Sat. That's all I'll ever buy from EBC. I'm out.
                I would say the issue is with D2 Moto...and not EBC...

Comment

Where did you buy the EBC pads? AFAIK, they don't sell direct in the US.

FWIW, I usually just keep an eye out for the EBC pad numbers I need on fleaBay or Amazon. They pop up with excellent discounts quite often.
                  Last edited by bwringer; 02-19-2021, 07:31 PM.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I didnt get pads from D2 cause they would not answer. Can't be sure where I got them but may have been brakecrafters.

Comment

Yep you're right I had no issue with EBC

Comment

Yep you're right I had no issue with EBC
                        EBC only sells through distributors in the USA. They are a manufacturer...

Comment

Probably was through amazon

Comment

Working...
                          X