Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 276

Thread: 2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

  1. #141
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Youngstown,Ohio
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1978GS750E View Post
    Yeah, 60% chance of rain on Thursday, 40% on Friday and great weather on Saturday and Sunday, per my Iphone weather report. (subject to change at any time!)
    In other words, don't wash your cycle till you get there... However for some a little rain might be the only wash their cycle may get... (Dale)🙂
    My Motorcycles:
    21 Triumph Tiger 900 GT (coming to a town near you)
    16 Yamaha FJR1300 (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (parts Bike)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

  2. #142
    Burque73's Avatar
    Burque73 is online now Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    We're down to the last minute scramble to get out the door. Rain gear on hand!

    See you all in a few days.
    Roger

    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A



  3. #143
    VGplay is offline Forum Apprentice Super Site Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I'll take that forecast. Doesn't look like a front is coming so it might be based on storms popping out of the humidity. Easier to dodge scattered rain than a wet grey blanket.

    Got a little work on the bike today and then it should be good to go!
    1982 Suzuki GS450TXZ
    1985 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S

  4. #144
    bwringer's Avatar
    bwringer is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VGplay View Post
    I'll take that forecast. Doesn't look like a front is coming so it might be based on storms popping out of the humidity. Easier to dodge scattered rain than a wet grey blanket.

    Got a little work on the bike today and then it should be good to go!
    Yep, these kinds of forecasts in warm weather tend to be a day of smallish popups. I've successfully dodged many storms by altering the route, taking an early or longer lunch, etc. You need the weather eye of an old sea captain...

    Of course, I've also gambled and lost on plenty of rain showers and storms. Ain't the end of the world.





    Two items of business:

    1) Sadly, the Saturday evening Indian Feast isn't happening this year. Jay started a massive remodeling project for the family living quarters earlier this year, and labor and material shortages have caused some delays. In short, they don't have a completed kitchen to cook in, so we're on our own. I think he and his family are more upset than we are -- they really look forward to cooking for a large appreciative crowd.

    We'll discuss options on Thursday evening. I assured Jay that we probably wouldn't starve.



    2) Also, I'm still working on correcting the usual GPX tracks I post, and adding some of the needed workarounds for this year. There are closures on IN-135 north and on IN-58 for bridge work. Getting around the closure on 135 (just north of Freetown) is pretty easy to find and quick. There are two ways to work around the closure on 58 (closed east of Kurtz) that are a little more involved and longer, but still quite entertaining.

    Also, 145 is closed south of Bristow. AFAIK, the workarounds are unpaved, so 62 to 545 is a good alternate, or use Huffman Road in Bristow to 545.

    237 is closed just south of English. I was there two weeks ago, and there is a way through that uses a very small bridge in the town. There are a few hundred yards of gravel, and lots of dire signs warning trucks they can't get through, but it's pretty easy to handle if you go that way.

    INDOT has a pretty nice interactive map showing the current crop of closures:
    https://indot.carsprogram.org/

    There don't appear to be any flooding issues this year, and AFAIK 66 and 62 are in good shape, although I haven't yet been that far south this spring.

    Most of 450 southwest of Bedford is freshly re-paved, although they've also dumped a bunch of gravel on the shoulders, so expect gravel in every corner. But gravel in every corner is kind of normal in Indiana... our taxpayers are an exceptionally frugal bunch, so state highways don't have one extra inch of shoulder paving.

    150 southeast of Shoals is scheduled to close on Sunday 6/14 for yet another bridge replacement, so that should not affect us.

    Due to the, um, "eventful" past year, a few restaurants and gas stations have gone out of business, but generally all the usual haunts are still around.
    Last edited by bwringer; 06-07-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

    Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

    Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    It is looking like I will NOT make the lunch meetup in Danville, so do not look, or wait for me. I ordered a new Mesh jacket, and it is supposed to be delivered Thursday. So that means I will likely be leaving too late for lunch... See you at the Rosemount ! ! !

    Edit: I do have a room at the Rosemount, right?
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet



    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

    I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

  6. #146
    Baatfam's Avatar
    Baatfam is online now Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    17,194

    Default

    And I am out. Unhappy, and out. I let Brian know Sunday morning.

    Nothing terribly serious, just several things needing my attention.

    Take plenty of photos....
    Bob T.

    "That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

    '83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB



  7. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by storm 64 View Post
    What weather report are you looking at? I see maybe a chance of rain Thursday. Clearing up to be a beautiful weekend.... 🌞
    My weather bug app says 70% on Thursday, 50% on Friday and 40% on Sunday. Maybe I'll rent a trailer and pull the bike over. At least that way we would have a vehicle to go yo dinner in the evening if need be.
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

  8. #148
    gbw's Avatar
    gbw is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Murfreesboro TN
    Posts
    2,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baatfam View Post
    And I am out. Unhappy, and out. I let Brian know Sunday morning.

    Nothing terribly serious, just several things needing my attention.

    Take plenty of photos....
    Rats! That stinks. Was looking forward to seeing you there. Will have to plan a trip to K'ville soon.
    Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Tell City Indiana
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I'm only off work friday, anybody have any plans set for friday yet? Id love to get out for a ride and meet some of you guys.

  10. #150
    cowboyup3371's Avatar
    cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In Ohio Now
    Posts
    13,728

    Default

    If you show up by 8am-ish you’ll be catching folks as they pull out assuming we have a dry start to the day

    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

    1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

    Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •