Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
    Howdy, all!
    Just imagine how dull things must be in Bedford if arresting a lady in an altered state of consciousness makes the news...
    Hahaha, ain't that the truth. That was definitely......interesting....
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Per the above quoted post....I have no idea how the wording got changed. I did not change it. i.e. "arresting a drunk" vs. "arresting a lady in an altered state of consciousness". Now that's weird right there.
      Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post

We made the water-crossing and met a paved road shortly thereafter. Then ended up going through Paoli anyway. Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to ride lead.

Originally posted by oramac View Post
        Sorry I missed this gathering. Sounds...adventurous? I hope to rejoin you all soon. Ozarks? I hate to hear about mishaps, though I've had a few myself. Heal quickly, Spyder! Oh, and Greg, u turns, gravel, and water crossings are part of the fun. Hell, I'm certain Brian intentionally works them in to every group he leads.
        I hereby officially disclaim all responsibility for that GPX track... no, seriously it wasn't on any of the tracks I built. No idea where Greg got that one. Most of the county roads in that area turn to gravel and dirt, which is pretty dang entertaining on the right bike, but not ideal on street tires.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Current Bikes:

Comment

Great pics, see a lot of old friends. I will get back one of these years.....
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
              1) For you weirdos who want pics, Jay just texted me this item from Bedford's news radio, complete with a close-up:
              Not her first brush with the local PD. Bedford Woman Arrested on Battery Charge – WBIW.
              Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
              Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                Per the above quoted post....I have no idea how the wording got changed. I did not change it. i.e. "arresting a drunk" vs. "arresting a lady in an altered state of consciousness". Now that's weird right there.
                I went back a minute or two later and made my post a little more colorful.... I didn't know the forum software would also update the wording in quoted passages. Neat!

Just talked to Casey (Spyder) and he's at home and doing as well as you can with two broken ribs. And he's pretty sore in general. A bike rescue mission is in the works.

Also just checked in with Neil, and he's doing fine, not really sore, and the damage to his shiny new bike was minimal. He rode back home Saturday with no problems.

Gear works, folks. Not that we needed more evidence. ATGATT.
                Last edited by bwringer; 06-13-2021, 11:18 PM.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  and also sad to say had today had three “rider down” incidents with bike damage. Will let the individuals report on thier own when and how they want.
                  I would be the second rider down. No injuries and the bike is rideable, I just took a turn a little too wide and the bike slid out as soon as I touched the grass on the shoulder. Guess I’m going to learn how to disassemble and reassemble an FJR. We made it to Springfield, MO tonight with no issues.

Wanted to say thanks again to Norm, Ron, and Larry for helping me and the bike get back to the Rosemount, as well as Steve, Dave, and everyone helping to get it rideable!

I had a great time riding this weekend and have definitely ensured a life of riding to come. I’m sure my dad (burque73) will provide more updates as we get home, but wanted to say thanks.

Comment

Good pics from ddaniels

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Can report home at about 5pm. Well, not really home, 30 miles past home for a birthday party.

i have a bit of a casualty to report. At a busy 2 lane exit (i131 & i96) my side case dropped open, broke its retainer strap, and dragged on pavement, strewing it’s contents all over. But of course I didn’t notice till guy in car honking and pointing. I pulled over and stopped (no shoulder, was an exit on over pass) to close it back up. By time go to next exit , turn around, go back , and come back, could walk along the busy traffic, found some stuff, but, whimper, whimper, not my camera.
                      i suspect I didn’t fully latch the latch. And apparently that is good enough for 355 miles of the 360 miles to my daughters house. Have a 4 inch place about wore thru the case.
                      Dave, does that mean when you sell the 1200 to me, I get a discount due to the 4" hole in the case? LOL
                      Victor Kolb
                      '80 GS1100L -
                      '85 GS550L -
                      '04 Bandit 1200S - gone
                      '02 BMW R1150 RT - gone as well
                      '15 Triumph Bonneville NewChurch
                      '17 Triumph Tiger 80 XRx

Comment

It was great seeing everyone. Mostly familiar faces, yet great to meet the newcomers too.
                        Jay is the true roll model what it means to be a Gentleman. And his cooking is FANTASTIC!
                        I made it home around 3pm yesterday. I took the longer way home, decided to hit 450S one more time, then spent the rest of the ride home following the Ohio River back to Cincinnati.
                        I counted 9 different bruises on my legs from those damn cicadas, my helmet and jacket protected me from the other 20 hits
                        Victor Kolb
                        '80 GS1100L -
                        '85 GS550L -
                        '04 Bandit 1200S - gone
                        '02 BMW R1150 RT - gone as well
                        '15 Triumph Bonneville NewChurch
                        '17 Triumph Tiger 80 XRx

Comment

Originally posted by blokv1100 View Post
                          It was great seeing everyone. Mostly familiar faces, yet great to meet the newcomers too.
                          Jay is the true roll model what it means to be a Gentleman. And his cooking is FANTASTIC!
                          I made it home around 3pm yesterday. I took the longer way home, decided to hit 450S one more time, then spent the rest of the ride home following the Ohio River back to Cincinnati.
                          I counted 9 different bruises on my legs from those damn cicadas, my helmet and jacket protected me from the other 20 hits
                          It was great seeing you too Victor. Glad you made it out. Thanks for letting me test ride your beautiful Triumph. Very different from my Triumph. It's lots of fun and VERY loud. As I rode the through the neighbourhood kids were diving into their homes in fear. It puts the average Harley to shame.

And those cicadas...sheesh. What a mess. My bike, gear, and helmet were covered. Had to hit the high-pressure wash near home just get the first couple couple of layers of cicada guts off the bike. Yuck!
                          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by Adamnit View Post
                            I would be the second rider down. No injuries and the bike is rideable, I just took a turn a little too wide and the bike slid out as soon as I touched the grass on the shoulder. Guess I’m going to learn how to disassemble and reassemble an FJR. We made it to Springfield, MO tonight with no issues.

Wanted to say thanks again to Norm, Ron, and Larry for helping me and the bike get back to the Rosemount, as well as Steve, Dave, and everyone helping to get it rideable!

I had a great time riding this weekend and have definitely ensured a life of riding to come. I’m sure my dad (burque73) will provide more updates as we get home, but wanted to say thanks.
                            Live and learn. Just glad that you're ok. If you're going to have a minor get-off such as you did, there's no better place (GS Rally) to do it. Lot's of help and supervisors to assist!

Untitled by Greg White, on Flickr

It's so cool that y'all came all that way to the rally. Pleasure meeting all of you. And thanks to your family, I'm now addicted to Hatch New Mexico chile peppers. I'm looking for every excuse to cover whatever I'm eating with spicy red gravy.

Godspeed on your return trip.

Comment

Should have done this yesterday, but I made the trip back to my sister's place at 10:30 which was just a 3hr ride.

Bike will be loaded onto the truck tomorrow for the ALL DAY boring ride back home.

Just Want to say it was nice to see all the familiar faces and nice to meet a few new faces.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

On my way across I-50 East yesterday, I stopped at a red light in one of the towns along the way. I pickup truck pulled up next to me and the passenger side window rolled down. The occupants proceeded to yell something at me which I could not hear because of the 70's road show music I was listening to from Spotify. I turned it off, opened my helmet and said, "what?". They repeated, "There's a bungee cord hanging from your right rear foot peg!" Oh crap! Amazing that it stayed there that whole half hour or so. And, that it didn't fly off and get twisted up in my chain! Yikes!
                                Current Bikes:

Comment

Working...
                                X