Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home about an hour ago after an uneventful ride home. Great time. Thanks everyone! More later.
    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
      2 broken ribs. Quite a bit of deep bruising. Really sore. My boy and his girlfriend jumped in my car and cam and got s from the hospital. By the time we got to the motel, everyone was in bed. Somewhere around 2am EST.

A huge thank you to everyone that helped get my bike back to the motel.

more to report later.

Sorry to hear about the incident.I hope healing will happen soon,try not to laugh much

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Grilled chicken and grilled corn on cob , both with Jay seasoning, and hot dogs...for Saturday
        Excellent. Sorry I missed this. Can we do it again next year?

Concerned about who else went down this weekend.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Just got home; Charmayne and Joe are visiting for a bit before they head home. We all had fun though the Bandit decided to take a short nap in the mud after turning around at the Medora Brick Plant. Fortunately I only need to reset the turn signal into its hole properly
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got home about 1:30 after taking the scenic way home. Great weekend, wonderful people and g excellent accommodations from the proprietor. Jay is Johnny on the spot, always wanting to help anybody with anything. This group is composed of very thoughtful and helpful people who jump at the chance to lend a helping hand when needed. Warms my heart to see humanity at its finest. Thank you Steve and Bonita for bringing the awnings! Just a few pics coming soon.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Nice ride home through some of the back roads. I started attending the BCR in 2007 and other than a couple that I missed have always looked forward to the rides and companionship with such a varied and interesting group of people. I will echo ddaniels sentiments as to humanity at its finest and how refreshing these days! Always a hearty thanks to Brian for putting this together and providing us with updates to routes. Steve and Bonita, I am appreciative of all you do. Norm, thanks for leading our ride on Friday. And, Dave, we have been swapping stories since my first rally! Best to all and see you all next year hopefully.
              Bob
              Current:
              2008 BMW R1200RT
              Past History:1971 Honda CB350; 1972 Bonneville
              1979 Suzuki GS550E
              1979 Suzuki GS850G
              1980 Suzuki GS850G
              1983 Suzuki GS1100E
              2006 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
              2004 BMW R1150 RT
              2009 Triumph Bonneville SE

Comment

A few stories and pics.

Larry (alke46), Ron (1978GS750E) and I met up with Liam (Liam) in Troy and rode over to Hawesville for lunch. Then we rode up to Derby and chatted for a while before we went our separate ways. Liam is an intelligent, enterprising young man that gives me hope for the next generation. At only 19 years old he rescued this 78 GS750, got it running, and painted it himself. He'll fit right in with this crowd...he's frugal (cheap) and always searching for a bargain motorcycle to fix up and ride...or sell.

Untitled by Greg White, on Flickr

A mystery: Someone noticed the hardware securing the upper shock mounts on Dale's (Dogma) bike were missing. Fortunately parts, tools, and supervisors were available to remedy the situation.

Last edited by gbw; 06-13-2021, 05:40 PM.
                Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

One more quick story: Larry, Ron, and I headed north from Derby after parting company with Liam. My GPS showed a shortcut around Paoli that I wanted to try. Just a little country road...should be fine. Turned to gravel. No problem, it'll probably turn back to...nope, stayed gravel. Maybe 5 miles. Then we got to the creek and stopped to consider options. Larry and Ron were not impressed with my shortcut.

We made the water-crossing and met a paved road shortly thereafter. Then ended up going through Paoli anyway. Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to ride lead.

Comment

Sorry I missed this gathering. Sounds...adventurous? I hope to rejoin you all soon. Ozarks? I hate to hear about mishaps, though I've had a few myself. Heal quickly, Spyder! Oh, and Greg, u turns, gravel, and water crossings are part of the fun. Hell, I'm certain Brian intentionally works them in to every group he leads.
                    sigpic

Comment

I had such a fun time I don't even know where to begin!
                      Riding with Indy Bob on Friday is truly a special time for me. We had fun riding, and by dumb luck we made it back to the Rosemont just before the rain came!
                      Also teasing, more like irritating Steve when taking down the canopy was fun. Sorry Steve, maybe next year I'll have it down better but I doubt it. 😉 Much thanks for all you and Bonnita do!
                      Seeing Roger, Teresa and Adam was awesome. It was great that they made the trip and thanks for the Salsa!
                      Ron had my laughing watching him use the leg operated clutch! It worked, it got us back to the hotel!
                      And Jay picking up the tab on the Pizza Slaughter was Ludacris. No way he should have done that, I left money on the nightstand before I left.
                      First timers Stefan and his father Pete. It was nice meeting you. It seemed like you guys had a good time. Hopefully you'll be back next year.
                      And thank you Brian for putting the Rally together. It is much appreciated by all.
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                        Made it home around 11:00 am. HAD A GREAT TIME AS USUAL!

Now to patent that mod that Norm and I came up with! That was some roadside engineering at it's best! Thanks again to Roger for the clutch cable, (and the salsa) would probably still be on the road, working the clutch with my right leg without it!
                        Those guys over at ADVrider beat you to it... seen them used for clutch shifter & brake substitutes over there! I always carry a pair.

Glad everyone had fun and back mostly in one piece!
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Can report home at about 5pm. Well, not really home, 30 miles past home for a birthday party.

i have a bit of a casualty to report. At a busy 2 lane exit (i131 & i96) my side case dropped open, broke its retainer strap, and dragged on pavement, strewing it’s contents all over. But of course I didn’t notice till guy in car honking and pointing. I pulled over and stopped (no shoulder, was an exit on over pass) to close it back up. By time go to next exit , turn around, go back , and come back, could walk along the busy traffic, found some stuff, but, whimper, whimper, not my camera.
                          i suspect I didn’t fully latch the latch. And apparently that is good enough for 355 miles of the 360 miles to my daughters house. Have a 4 inch place about wore thru the case.
                          Last edited by Redman; 06-13-2021, 06:58 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Can report home at about 5pm. Well, not really home, 30 miles past home for a birthday party.

i have a bit of a casualty to report. At a busy 2 lane exit (i131 & i96) my side case dropped open, broke its retainer strap, and dragged on pavement, strewing it’s contents all over. But of course I didn’t notice till guy in car honking and pointing. I pulled over and stopped (no shoulder, was an exit on over pass) to close it back up. By time go to next exit , turn around, go back , and come back, could walk along the busy traffic, found some stuff, but, whimper, whimper, not my camera.
                            i suspect I didn’t fully latch the latch. Have a 4 inch place about wore thru the case.
                            Oh no! Dang it.......
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Sheesh Dave. That stinks. Sorry to hear it man. And losing the camera...crap!

Surprised BMW doesn't have a warning light for open cases.

Comment

Howdy, all!

Since I had the shortest "commute" home, I didn't really start loading my bike until everyone was gone. Anyway, I finally rolled out about 11:00 and had an entirely uneventful ride home. Since my brain was basically a ball of fuzzy pink yarn, I took it fairly easy, although I still found ways to entertain myself and stay off the highways while making good time north.

Got home, fixed two more mowers for my neighbor (don't ask...), and did some chores.

Anyhoo, a few items of business:

1) For you weirdos who want pics, Jay just texted me this item from Bedford's news radio, complete with a close-up:

I guess I was lucky; I was suited up and headed for dinner, ear plugs in and helmet on, when she asked me to take her for a motorcycle ride. I told her she would need a helmet and then left while the remnants of her brain were working on that, so I guess I missed all the excitement.

Just imagine how dull things must be in Bedford if arresting a lady in an altered state of consciousness makes the news...

2) As always, please leave positive reviews for the Rosemount on whatever online platforms you use. It would be a great help for the Rosemount and the Patel family. Google, TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Expedia, Facebook, etc. Online reviews are crucial for local small businesses.

You might want to leave out any mention of motorcycle molesting weirdos... on the positive side, Jay handled the situation extremely well.
                                Last edited by bwringer; 06-13-2021, 09:47 PM.
                                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                                X