Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

I've noticed some chatter about the 2021 Brown County hooraw, and received a few inquisitive emails...

As you've surmised (nothing gets past this crowd), I'm targeting the weekend before Father's Day, so the date for the 2021 Brown County GS Thang is hereby declared and defined as:

Thursday, June 10, 2021

through

Sunday, June 13, 2021

A whole lotta "ifs" between now an then, but... we're all tired of talking about all that stuff, so just, you know. Consider it said.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

​yiipppeeee
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Finally; please let this happen
      sigpic
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Ah.... SOMETHING to look forward to !

Wonder if you have heard anything from Jay lately (I suppose you have contacted him relative to these dates.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

We'll be there.

Might be the smaller, lighter version of the Traveling Big Top (like last year), but we'll be there.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I mention in the old thread that I *probably* can't make this one (though I will be at Ozarks + KY Krawl, if either/or happens).

However, Mags will be setup in Paducah, KY. I'm thinking she might like to ride the Triumph up and hang out with you lot.

I'll talk to her more about it today. There's still the issue of pet care, etc.
            Present: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2016 Triumph Street Triple R, 2008 Genuine Buddy 125
            Past: 2003 Suzuki GSF1200S Bandit, 1988 Honda NT650 Hawk GT, 1997 Honda CB250 Nighthawk, 1982 Yamaha XS400RJ Seca, 1967 Honda C100 Super Cub, 1976 Honda CB500T
            Other: Robin's Road Ruckus (Music) | The Riding Obsession (Website)

Comment

Paducah is just 35 miles from me, what is she going to be up to there?
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

We'll both be in Paducah but I'll be leading those demo rides Thurs ~ Sat.

Paducah is central to all of the locations I'll be working in.

She'll be keeping up with her day job (hopefully there's decent cell reception) and enjoying the secluded traveller's life.
                Last edited by Groove_Daddy; 01-16-2021, 11:28 AM.
                Present: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2016 Triumph Street Triple R, 2008 Genuine Buddy 125
                Past: 2003 Suzuki GSF1200S Bandit, 1988 Honda NT650 Hawk GT, 1997 Honda CB250 Nighthawk, 1982 Yamaha XS400RJ Seca, 1967 Honda C100 Super Cub, 1976 Honda CB500T
                Other: Robin's Road Ruckus (Music) | The Riding Obsession (Website)

Comment

I am mostly restricted to day trips currently, maybe we can work something out while you all are in the area.
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I'd love to make it. The 10th is our anniversary so I'll have to see about it.
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Just bring her along. She won't be the only female there.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Count me in. Really looking forward to it. Highlight of the year right here.
                        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

YES!! As far as I know, I'm in. Lots of adversity this year; Facebook friends know the challenges. I'm hoping this can be a celebratory trip!
                          sigpic

Comment

On the calendar. I wouldn't miss it for my own funeral.
                            Dogma
                            --
                            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                            '80 GS850 GLT
                            '80 GS1000 GT
                            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Leave time approved. I'll be there.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X