Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be running up and down Beck's Mill Road all day Friday catching some "Big Air". Maybe I can get some volunteers to lay across the road and I'll jump them! Haha😲 Or I'll taking a ride out to the Train Tussle, or go to the Lookout Restaurant. So much to see in southern Indiana.👍
    Any word from Indybob? I always liked riding with Bob I hope he can make the rally.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      I'll be running up and down Beck's Mill Road all day Friday catching some "Big Air". Maybe I can get some volunteers to lay across the road and I'll jump them! Haha�� Or I'll taking a ride out to the Train Tussle, or go to the Lookout Restaurant. So much to see in southern Indiana.��
      Any word from Indybob? I always liked riding with Bob I hope he can make the rally.
      Yep, there's a lot to see and a lot of great roads to enjoy!

Go to Google Maps, search for Bedford, IN, turn on the Terrain layer, then zoom out a bit. You'll start to get an idea of just how hilly and varied it is down there.

Bob is planning to be there, but might end up staying at another hotel. The room list filled up quickly!
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I'll be running up and down Beck's Mill Road all day Friday catching some "Big Air". Maybe I can get some volunteers to lay across the road and I'll jump them! Haha Or I'll taking a ride out to the Train Tussle, or go to the Lookout Restaurant. So much to see in southern Indiana.
        Also don't forget the Riverview restaurant across the river in Hawesville, Ky. Another good place to eat and view the river from south to north.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I'll be running up and down Beck's Mill Road all day Friday catching some "Big Air". Maybe I can get some volunteers to lay across the road and I'll jump them! Haha😲 Or I'll taking a ride out to the Train Tussle, or go to the Lookout Restaurant. So much to see in southern Indiana.👍
          Hey Norm,

Hope to be there for sure. Always enjoy the adventures with you and Dave! I will stop short of volunteering to lay across the road! However, I'm sure Dave would be happy to get some of his great pics with or without me laying in the road as you jump over.

See you soon.

Bob
          Current:
          2008 BMW R1200RT
          Past History:1971 Honda CB350; 1972 Bonneville
          1979 Suzuki GS550E
          1979 Suzuki GS850G
          1980 Suzuki GS850G
          1983 Suzuki GS1100E
          2006 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
          2004 BMW R1150 RT
          2009 Triumph Bonneville SE

Comment

Ill have to watch you jump a time or two before I lay down but I think that'd make for a knarly picture.

Comment

Gotta be a buzz-kill for a few minutes here. I didn't email Brian, but I'm most likely out this year. Wow, that was poetic. For those that don't see the Facebook updates, Angie has been dealing with lymphoma, and it is growing again. We have a few appointments set up, and a new plan is in place, but as you can imagine my schedule has to remain flexible based on what treatments will look like. I didn't want to commit to a room and keep others from being able to make arrangements. Maybe I'll be able to come down for a visit that weekend. I'm fully vaccinated, so maybe I can crash on someone's floor for a night. Who knows. Prayers and positive energy for Angie are appreciated.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oramac View Post
                Gotta be a buzz-kill for a few minutes here. I didn't email Brian, but I'm most likely out this year. Wow, that was poetic. For those that don't see the Facebook updates, Angie has been dealing with lymphoma, and it is growing again. We have a few appointments set up, and a new plan is in place, but as you can imagine my schedule has to remain flexible based on what treatments will look like. I didn't want to commit to a room and keep others from being able to make arrangements. Maybe I'll be able to come down for a visit that weekend. I'm fully vaccinated, so maybe I can crash on someone's floor for a night. Who knows. Prayers and positive energy for Angie are appreciated.
                Rodney - best wishes for Angie's speedy recovery and fingers crossed you can join us.
                Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Will keep positive thoughts for Angie coming your way. Best wishes for a good outcome.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Prayers for Angie!
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I’m sorry to hear this and am sure she will recover quickly
                      sigpic
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Finally plotting a course to get to this rally.

Looks like we'll head to Wichita for the first leg of this journey. Spend an evening there and enjoy a microbrew and brick oven pizza. Next day head to Kansas city, MO. My wife has some places she wants to see and my boy likes breweries so we'll tour one there. After that head to St Louis. None of us have been there and we'd like to see the arch. Apparently there's a tram to go up inside the thing. Tickets are pretty cheap too. Next day, Thursday, we should roll into Bedford mid afternoon.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sounds like a good plan, Roger. I didn't know the tram ride to the top of the St. Louis arch had re-opened; they shut down a few years back to revamp the whole thing, and then, well, you know, COVID-19.

Looks like they're back open at partial capacity. It's a very cool activity, and the view is fantastic.

My wife and I happened to ride it a few months before they closed for construction. Verrrrrry rickety and worn, but we made it up and back.
                          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Just one month until the rally! And.....only 28 days until I get started on getting the bike ready! LOL
                            Ron
                            When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                            1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                            1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                            1982 GS1100E
                            1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                              Just one month until the rally! And.....only 28 days until I get started on getting the bike ready! LOL
                              I have to get two motorcycles ready, because I still don't know what one to take... 🤔
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Everything looking good for this trip so far. Bike is getting ready day by day. Won't be painted, but will be mechanically sound. And don't act like you've never ridden next to an ugly bike before, LOL.
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X