Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy all!

At the moment, the rooming list at the Rosemount is full.

If you have not received an email from me affirming that you have space, and you think you should have, let me know. This is an imperfect process, and I am far from perfect...

If you'd like to get on the waiting list, just email me brian@bwringer.com and let me know. Real life always happens and so opportunities often arise. I need name, username, forum name, cell, and if you might be open to sharing a room, COVID-19 vaccination status is important.

Failing all else, there's a cheap motel a few blocks away, and several chain motels on the highway. A chain reservation is a good choice if your plans are less than firm.

Also, if you are on the list and your plans change or start to go wobbly, PLEASE let me know ASAP and PDQ so I can get some other butt in the bed. The Rosemount is a small business, not a corporate chain. Late cancellations and no-shows have a real effect on a real family.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      Howdy all!

At the moment, the rooming list at the Rosemount is full.

If you have not received an email from me affirming that you have space, and you think you should have, let me know. This is an imperfect process, and I am far from perfect...

If you'd like to get on the waiting list, just email me brian@bwringer.com and let me know. Real life always happens and so opportunities often arise. I need name, username, forum name, cell, and if you might be open to sharing a room, COVID-19 vaccination status is important.

Failing all else, there's a cheap motel a few blocks away, and several chain motels on the highway. A chain reservation is a good choice if your plans are less than firm.

Also, if you are on the list and your plans change or start to go wobbly, PLEASE let me know ASAP and PDQ so I can get some other butt in the bed. The Rosemount is a small business, not a corporate chain. Late cancellations and no-shows have a real effect on a real family.
      I am staying at the Holiday Inn - Not as inexpensive as the Rosemount - But breakfast and a pool -
      if anyone wants to seek alternate lodging where others are staying ... ?
      Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
        I am staying at the Holiday Inn - Not as inexpensive as the Rosemount - But breakfast and a pool -
        if anyone wants to seek alternate lodging where others are staying ... ?
        Thanks for the report, Carl!

Many moons ago, we based this hooraw at a chain motel in Columbus with a pool and hot tub.

Frankly, that was way more rider skin than I ever wanted to see... Parking lot socialization is much less awkward.
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          Thanks for the report, Carl!

Many moons ago, we based this hooraw at a chain motel in Columbus with a pool and hot tub.

Frankly, that was way more rider skin than I ever wanted to see... Parking lot socialization is much less awkward.
          Hey Brian

Fired off an email to officially be added to the Rosemount waiting list. if this is not going to work out I can look at lodging elsewhere. Would love to hang i the parking lot as it's quite an awesome experience.

Planning to do this on the way out or the way back from some destination out west. I'm not sure what I'm planning yet, Rapid city is on the brain so maybe hit the bad lands up before over nighting for a day or 2 with you folks before meandering my way back to New England,

Looking forward to seeing everybody again! too long.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Hey, I'm kind of new here and would love to go to this event but I can't find the details. I'm not sure if I'm just struggling to navigate the site or if they aren't posted. Where and when exactly is this happening. I'm in southern Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
              Hey, I'm kind of new here and would love to go to this event but I can't find the details. I'm not sure if I'm just struggling to navigate the site or if they aren't posted. Where and when exactly is this happening. I'm in southern Indiana.
              check the 1st post.

It happens in Bedford.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

This will get you to the first page : https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...SAVE-THE-DATE!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

That's so cool. This happens basically right in your backyard! All the best roads are between your place and Bedford.
                  Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                  Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                    That's so cool. This happens basically right in your backyard! All the best roads are between your place and Bedford.
                    Maybe we should send a group to get you --
                    Currently in the Stable :
                    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Just a few more weeks.
                      Figured I'd start giving the old girl a checkup, instead of waiting until two days before...LOL...
                      Might even clean it up a bit...might.

My helpers....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Bob, are you going to bring your neighbor Mr. Nardy with you?
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                          Bob, are you going to bring your neighbor Mr. Nardy with you?
                          Larry, I really don't know. Joe has been pretty busy since the move south.
                          We talk often, but we really haven't talked about this year's Brown County.
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Larry, I really don't know. Joe has been pretty busy since the move south.
                            We talk often, but we really haven't talked about this year's Brown County.
                            I tried to tell him not to retire. When you work every day, each day has 24 hrs. When you retire, at least half of those hours seem to disappear.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Bob, the bike is looking amazing!!!
                              So excited to see ya'll!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Good point -- all the deets are in the first post:
                                https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-SAVE-THE-DATE!

At the moment, all the rooms at the Rosemount are full, so if you'd like to stay, you'll probably need to find a room elsewhere in Bedford.

Absolutely nothing is organized, and small groups and individuals scatter across the landscape each day. I hand out maps with some suggestions, and I'll post some downloadable maps and GPX files soon. Quite a few of us normally do make it to the southern parts; lunch in Leavenworth is popular, and assuming 66 is open, folks often turn back north on 145 or 545.
                                Eat more venison.

Comment

Working...
                                X