Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I "KNEW" that I should have bought a new rainsuit this year!

Bought a new one last year and never had to use it!

Looks like it will be used really soon! (Like Thursday around noonish.)
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

How's the Cicada explosion in Southern Indiana ?
      I know Ohio seems to have a plentiful crop with Brood X coming out to make a bunch of noise
      Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
        How's the Cicada explosion in Southern Indiana ?
        I know Ohio seems to have a plentiful crop with Brood X coming out to make a bunch of noise
        Sunday afternoon they were making quite a racket in Hawesville KY, just over the river from Cannelton. I don't remember hearing any Saturday while I was in Nashville IN. I never actually laid eyes on any though.
        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

The cicadas in Dayton area are pretty much concentrated in the southern parts and some up around the northeastern areas. Not one near my house on the north end, thankfully.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

You should have seen them in Vandalia Dave
            sigpic
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Just dotting the I's and crossing the T's....
              After paying to have my tires mounted and BALANCED and all the misulanious work I've done on the motorcycle. I figured I better go on a shake down run. It's a good thing I did. The front wheel was bouncing like a freaking basketball! (Well maybe not that bad, but bad enough). I rebalanced the wheel as best I could. Gosh I hope I have it right or good enough.
              I'm not sure what time I'm leaving tomorrow morning, but I'll be in Bedford sometime tomorrow afternoon... If not I'll call Steve and let him know what's up. See you all soon 🙂
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Made it to St Louis! Almost there. Had some delays in Kansas city. Cool place, would like to go back sometime and have tacos at Guy Fiery's restaurant. They closed 30 minutes before we got there last night.

We should get to Bedford afternoon sometime. If Google maps says five hours it seems to take us 8. Sure wish we could dial that in.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                  Yep, looks like the Friday/Saturday/Sunday forecasts just improved greatly to "nearly ideal", and Thursday improved to 40%. On a warm day, that will mean scattered bits of weather, so I'll take it.

I would like that forecast,sounds like a welcome travel blessing.

Comment

All packed. Should be headed that way in 30 minutes or so. See y'all late this afternoon.
                    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Guess I should finish packing...

I'll see some of you at the Mayberry Cafe in Danville at 1:00 EDT, and the rest later on!
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Just loaded the bike, have one more thing besides myself to put on it, and fixing breakfast. Should be on the road within the hour.

I won't be at the cafe in Danville Brian but if you pass my Bandit on your way to Bedford, give a honk as I'll be around that area
                        sigpic
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Packed and ready to go, just waiting on my jacket to show up. This of course will be a day that the mail is really late, just because I really need something from it...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

In route. Taking a quick break in Hawesville KY. Now for the good stuff! Dodging rain and taking the longest, curviest route Bedford.

Comment

We're in Illinois now. Getting there slooowly. Took an amazing helicopter ride around the arch in St Louis.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Yep… I’m wet…
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X