Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just today, I washed the Indiana Bugs off the bike. THere was a lot.

Am well accustom to wetting the bugs, do something somewhere else, wett some more, do something somewhere else, come back wett them some more, wipe a little, wett again, before most of it softens up and comes off without scrubbing too hard (so not scratching shield with bug shells etcetera). But was one area, at bottom of windscreen where the dryed up bugg gutts just were not comming off. Took me a while to realize they were on the backside of the windscreen! Yah, were so many bug gutts splatters, was even some that were on the backside of the windscreen. Bug Probably hit the fairing and the splatter went under/behind the windshield.

But that does not diminish the fine experience of the weekend.
    Last edited by Redman; 07-05-2021, 03:13 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yeah, those spattered cicadas were something else. I hit the coin-operated power wash by my house on the way home. That took care of most of them. I need to ride through a good rain shower to get my jacket clean though.
      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Don't come this way, I rode through a willow fly swarm crossing Kentucky Lake yesterday.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Those cicadas make a mighty fine "large" splat on your helmet face shield, I can tell you. So glad they are gone again! It seemed to me they were the worse up in Bloomington area.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I can’t believe none of you guys have the nice lady a ride..... she must have smelt the presence of the “hillbilly whisperer”
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
              I can’t believe none of you guys have the nice lady a ride..... she must have smelt the presence of the “hillbilly whisperer”
              She did ask me for a ride; must have been attracted to the shiny red bike. I already had my ear plugs in and was departing for dinner, so I mumbled something about needing a helmet and vanished.

So I missed all the excitement, which I'm pretty happy about, honestly.

In other news, I delivered Spyder's bike to his driveway a few weeks ago. He's healing well, and has already collected many of the parts needed to put the GSXR back on the road. Fortunately, corn fields are fairly soft (but not soft enough...), so the bike escaped a fair bit of damage, and not much is bent.
              Last edited by bwringer; 07-14-2021, 01:18 PM.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Still can't thank you enough Brian. Don't forget to reach out one of these trips north. We will meet up for lunch somewhere. I owe you at LEAST that.

All replacement part have been acquired. Slowly working on getting them prepped for paint. Still a bit sore, and the back start yelling at me after a couple hours out in the garage. We're getting there though...

Again, thanks to all that helped get my girl out of the cornfield and back to the motel. Really can't say enough about the hospitality, and great nature of this group.
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Glad to hear you are getting the bike back to pre- cornfield condition. Also glad to hear you are recovering as well as can be expected.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                    Again, thanks to all that helped get my girl out of the cornfield and back to the motel. Really can't say enough about the hospitality, and great nature of this group.
                    It's too bad when something like this has to happen, but you KNOW we'll be there to help.

Comment

Still can't thank you enough Brian. Don't forget to reach out one of these trips north. We will meet up for lunch somewhere. I owe you at LEAST that.

All replacement part have been acquired. Slowly working on getting them prepped for paint. Still a bit sore, and the back start yelling at me after a couple hours out in the garage. We're getting there though...

Are you doing black again? After all the paint discussion, I can't believe I don't know what you have in mind. Glad to hear you're feeling well enough to get sore in the garage.
                      Dogma
                      --
                      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Not going black. I have been keeping my color choice a small secret. I may as well keep it going for a little while longer. I just hope it turns out well. It’s not an easy mix to apply. Fingers crossed.
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Not going black. I have been keeping my color choice a small secret. I may as well keep it going for a little while longer. I just hope it turns out well. It’s not an easy mix to apply. Fingers crossed.
                          Chrome to match the polished frame? Isn't that technically black?
                          Dogma
                          --
                          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                          '80 GS850 GLT
                          '80 GS1000 GT
                          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                            Great pics, see a lot of old friends. I will get back one of these years.....
                            . . . . 2024 . . . ?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                            X