Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    How about bringing a jar of Hatch Chilli Salsa. 🙂
    You got it Norm.
    What's your preference, red with tomatoes or green with tomatillos?
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      You got it Norm.
      What's your preference, red with tomatoes or green with tomatillos?
      The correct answer is, of course, "Christmas!"

The Big Top will be there this year, so I'm not sure whether we'll need canopies.

I know Jay has some chairs available, but a lot of folks do bring folding chairs and they are needed. So yeah, if you're trailering and you have some folding chairs and extra room, bring a few extra. Sometimes I strap one across the seat on my bike.

Bedford has a Wally World, a Lowes, the usual auto parts stores, and a Harbor Freight even appeared sometime in the last year or two, so assorted provisions and supplies are close at hand.

One thing I'll note -- if you're arriving from the North, or perhaps considering crossing Indianapolis, bear in mind that I-65 and I-70 through downtown will be closed for many months to come for a massive re-engineering project. In addition, highway 37 from Indy to Martinsville is a complete mess because they're working on upgrading that last segment to Interstate 69. Don't even try it... just take 465 around Indy, then highway 67 south. then follow the signs to cross the river and join 37/69 just south of Martinsville. Hop off I-69 and onto 37 on the south side of Bloomington, and you know the rest.

Or, meet me and some of the gang in Danville for lunch, and we'll mostly avoid such unpleasantness as highways via routes most mysterious and mazy...
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Speaking of Steve. His absence in posting regularly has been noticed. I just looked and he hasn’t posted anything since 3/22/21. Anyone heard from Steve?
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          Roger, Will be good to meet you (and yours).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            One thing I'll note -- if you're arriving from the North, or perhaps considering crossing Indianapolis, ...
            Thank You.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Or, meet me and some of the gang in Danville for lunch, . . . ...
              I know you are probably not adhering to any specific schedule, but, any general idea if your wanderings get you to Danville for lunch about 11am?? or 12noon?? or 1pm?? or other?? I suppose depends on if doing more wandering before Danville or after or both.

(and to confirm for others: are talking Eastern Time, and THursday, and Mayberry Cafe.., I assume.)
              Last edited by Redman; 05-24-2021, 09:15 PM.

Comment

The correct answer is, of course, "Christmas!"

The Big Top will be there this year, so I'm not sure whether we'll need canopies.

I know Jay has some chairs available, but a lot of folks do bring folding chairs and they are needed. So yeah, if you're trailering and you have some folding chairs and extra room, bring a few extra. Sometimes I strap one across the seat on my bike.

Bedford has a Wally World, a Lowes, the usual auto parts stores, and a Harbor Freight even appeared sometime in the last year or two, so assorted provisions and supplies are close at hand.

One thing I'll note -- if you're arriving from the North, or perhaps considering crossing Indianapolis, bear in mind that I-65 and I-70 through downtown will be closed for many months to come for a massive re-engineering project. In addition, highway 37 from Indy to Martinsville is a complete mess because they're working on upgrading that last segment to Interstate 69. Don't even try it... just take 465 around Indy, then highway 67 south. then follow the signs to cross the river and join 37/69 just south of Martinsville. Hop off I-69 and onto 37 on the south side of Bloomington, and you know the rest.

Or, meet me and some of the gang in Danville for lunch, and we'll mostly avoid such unpleasantness as highways via routes most mysterious and mazy...
                Christmas it is then.

We'll bring chairs but no canopy. Good to know the usual stores are close by.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Roger, Will be good to meet you (and yours)..
                Same here Dave.

I know you are probably not adhering to any specific schedule, but, any general idea if your wanderings get you to Danville for lunch about 11am?? or 12noon?? or 1pm?? or other?? I suppose depends on if doing more wandering before Danville or after or both.

(and to confirm for others: are talking Eastern Time, and THursday, and Mayberry Cafe.., I assume.)
                Thanks for reminding me about the time zones. We have to consider three of them on this trip.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

That plan works well for me. See you at the Mayberry cafe.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    Speaking of Steve. His absence in posting regularly has been noticed. I just looked and he hasn’t posted anything since 3/22/21. Anyone heard from Steve?
                    Yes, in fact I loaned him my motorcycle lift last week before I left town. he’s doing fine just incredibly busy with house and other projects. They will be there as well.
                    sigpic
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Yes, in fact I loaned him my motorcycle lift last week before I left town. he’s doing fine just incredibly busy with house and other projects. They will be there as well.
                      Good to hear! Thanks for the update!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Thanks for the Route updates Brian, I would be interested in meeting for lunch. I did something similar with Carl and Brett last time I came down. Will be looking forward to details as we near our departure date. Doubt I am trailering down, too much of a hassle.
                        Looking forward to seeing the old faces, and meeting the new ones.
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Normally a batch of us meet up at the Mayberry Cafe in Danville, IN at 1:00 for lunch. That's Eastern Daylight time (EDT), so an hour early for folks coming from Central Daylight Time (CDT).

The cafe is about 45 minutes from my house. From there we proceed south and mostly try to stay away from traffic. There are far more entertaining ways to eventually end up in Bedford.

I think everyone has my cell number already, and email is always a good way to communicate with me if needed.

I need to do some work on the usual GPX tracks I post; the website I use has changed, and there are several known errors I should correct. And I'm sure there are plenty of unknown errors to discover... should get those up next week.

If anyone else has tracks they'd like to post, feel free!
                          Last edited by bwringer; 05-28-2021, 04:40 PM.
                          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Well I do have to officially bow out of this one. I guess there are plans to see parental, siblings and their offspring that we haven't seen in over a year thanks to the Pandemic. I guess there were plans made for this weekend hence why my wife pulled the plug.
                            I best get caught up with family, hope to see some of you out there. I am off mid week and will be planning minor trips around 500 miles or less from the door step.
                            Best,
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              Well I do have to officially bow out of this one. I guess there are plans to see parental, siblings and their offspring that we haven't seen in over a year thanks to the Pandemic. I guess there were plans made for this weekend hence why my wife pulled the plug.
                              I best get caught up with family, hope to see some of you out there. I am off mid week and will be planning minor trips around 500 miles or less from the door step.
                              Best,
                              We'll sure miss you being there Jedz. But understand you have to do what you have to do. I'm sure our paths will cross sometime this summer on way or the other. You take care my friend. 👍
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

"Normally a batch of us meet up at the Mayberry Cafe in Danville, IN at 1:00 for lunch. That's Eastern Daylight time (EDT), so an hour early for folks coming from Central Daylight Time (CDT).

The cafe is about 45 minutes from my house. From there we proceed south and mostly try to stay away from traffic. There are far more entertaining ways to eventually end up in Bedford."

I will make this a part of the plan. See ya there.
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X