Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sidecar on the T120

The Jedzmoto videos are going to be EPIC !
    Nothing like NEW content to drive traffic
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Next steps are adding auxiliary batteries for additional weight and remote electricity for those off the grid camping trips.
    I'll also have to craft a divider as I won't be keeping the seat in the tub, I'll also build a bed for Zola. I reached out to Watsonian about getting a roof made or sourced... still nothing back.
    I will also be upgrading the directional lights and adding auxiliary fog lamps.
    What do you really need power for at camp? I'm using my phone, a bluetooth speaker and a rechargeable LED flashlight, all of which plug into a 5V outlet in my cigarette lighter style outlet. That outlet also powers my little air compressor and air mattress inflator.

As to a cover, my bet is you'll do better going to a place that makes canvass tops for boats, especially during the slow season. My best bet is you'll need to add some snaps or other hardware either way if they aren't already in place from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsconsin View Post
    The Jedzmoto videos are going to be EPIC !
    Nothing like NEW content to drive traffic
    You'd be surprised how well a set of airhorns and a semi-automatic carbine can drive traffic!
    1983 Naked Goldwing Interstate GL1100

1982 GS450txz (former bike)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it" ~ Upton Sinclair

Quote Originally Posted by LAB3 View Post
    You'd be surprised how well a set of airhorns and a semi-automatic carbine can drive traffic!
    I meant internet traffic to his You Tube channel ---
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Haha well Dude I really need the weight for the geometry for my hack... (Now I get why they call them hacks)

Anyway, what weighs allot and is convenient to bring? A lead AGM battery from a car. Also Jethro has this rig setup for his sled I'm stupid jealous of... He has electrics or days. As is he can watch TV and run lights in the middle of a frozen lake for a very long weekend. I like that idea of sustainable "comfort" living off the grid.
    Last edited by Jedz123; 02-02-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    Jedz Moto
    2016 Yamaha FJ-09 Tracer - Fazer 900 The Mule
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125 - Back road discoverer
    1996 BMW R1100R
    1996 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200 - The Freedom Eagle
    2015 Kymco Agility 125 - Wife's bike
    2017 Honda Fit - The Cheap New Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Lab, your the man. I didn't even think of reaching out to a boat upholsterer... That might save me allot if "by chance" Watsonian has NOS top for my rig!

Best,
    Jedz Moto
    1996 BMW R1100R
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Rex specs came in, just did an hour of snow shoeing with them on and no issues. She did have a bit of a meltdown after the first few minutes of wearing them but I will get her in the habit of wearing them when we go out side together.

Also moved the side car to the back shed today... I will start working on the tug this evening and tomorrow.
    Jedz Moto
    1996 BMW R1100R

Not much to update on... still plugging away on the TUG, Reserve tank should be in today and I'll plumb that into the Tug, 4 gallons which will effectively double my fuel capacity. Hope is to get 200 mile range with both tanks, that means I'm hopeful to get a conservative 25MPG on the rig. Won't know until we start riding! It will be installed in the Vetter top case I acquired with the vetter fairing for $30 (with matching keys!). I mocked up a fuel tank I use to sync carbs to see if a gravity feed would work for fuel transfer from the cell to the main tank... Bingo! worked great. So I will install the fuel cell once it lands.

The install of the Vetter is done and I used a modified FZ6 fairing mount to mount the Vetter to the frame. The Vetter fits perfect and I didn't have to relocate my steering stabilizer!
    Waiting on a new LED circle headlight but the fairing is wired in including a USB charge cable!

So today I'll be cleaning up my shop and awaiting for parts to land. I ran out of Propane finally in the shop so I have to fill my 100# tank today. More single digit temps lingering here in New England.

As for the Pup, we are still training with the RexSpecs. We do daily snowshoe hikes as my land is connected to the VAST snowmobile trail and a vast network of trails through neighboring woods and farm lands. We stopped by the back shed to check on Zola's sidecar and she immediately wanted to go in for a ride...

Just a couple more months of winter...
    Jedz Moto
    1996 BMW R1100R

Teach her to fetch you a beer yet? lol