Air filter cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]62298[/ATTACH]Sell it?? My bike might need it....
    If you respond to my email ..thoranthoran@gmail.com
    i can offer two decent size pics
    i have been told that Suzuki used to supply a new cage with filter element.....but I’m unsure if they still do.
    They dont sell it with the cage unfortunately, I tried!
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by Poopwink View Post
      Chiming in here as I have the same issue with a different model...it's an '82 GS450T with original airbox, but missing the filter cage as described here. It would be great to devise a DIY solution, from my conversations with friends it sounds like a lot of folks are getting sick of tinkering with pod filters and are moving back to the stock configuration.

The cage itself doesn't look terribly intricate but it would be helpful to trace exact dimensions/understand how rigid the piece needs to be. Maybe there's a similar part for a newer bike that would be easier to source? The only valid options I've found involve international sellers (I am located in USA).
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]62399[/ATTACH]

Al
      If you can find the actual part, it's better to just get that instead of making one. I wont be surprised if they charge a ridiculous price though.

A metal clamp for my bike was $120 all together but I also cant find a hose clamp with a quarter inch width, a metal ziptie with the same width worked good enough!
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by Simonak3000 View Post
        Ok, I sent you an email, I will happily take the pictures
        Ever get a lead on making one? I'm sure tom helped but just curious, my airbox is off right now.
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Not yet, I was waiting for the UNI filter to come in the mail as it would be helpful to get the shape of the cage. A mechanic told me that I could put some nylon socks between the pod and the carb to get some restriction. I think it would work but I would be a pain to get the good air/fuel ratio so stock is the way to go. I have everything ready so ill try to solder some steel strips to get the shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonak3000 View Post
            Not yet, I was waiting for the UNI filter to come in the mail as it would be helpful to get the shape of the cage. A mechanic told me that I could put some nylon socks between the pod and the carb to get some restriction. I think it would work but I would be a pain to get the good air/fuel ratio so stock is the way to go. I have everything ready so ill try to solder some steel strips to get the shape.
            The airbox itself will show u the shape of the mounts, both should be kindove a half circle shape, the tricky part is getting the length
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

Suzuki pn 13780-34200
              When I put that into Google one of the first results was an ebay sale that claims to include filter and cage. Bike bandit also claims to sell that same part number.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronet383 View Post
                Suzuki pn 13780-34200
                When I put that into Google one of the first results was an ebay sale that claims to include filter and cage. Bike bandit also claims to sell that same part number.
                The air cleaner or the cage? They don't sell the cleaner with the cage atleast when I tried buying OEM. Ebay is a good bet though.
                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                1982 XS650

Comment

checked Ebay, they only sell the airbox and most of the time, no cage. Im not willing to buy the complete airbox with the cage for like 100$. If I don't find it, ill make it myself

Comment

Working...
                  X