Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's the English Postal Service Doing These Days?

Nessism is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Default How's the English Postal Service Doing These Days?

Got a package showing no movement since the 19th. Buyer wants me to do something, but what? Is it time to start getting concerned? End destination is Hatton, Derby DE65 5DT

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...%2C&tABt=false
    Last edited by Nessism; 01-04-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    Got a package showing no movement since the 19th. Buyer is bugging me to do something. Is it time to start getting concerned? End destination is Hatton, Derby DE65 5DT
    Sadly I have you beat Ed, and there ain't squat anyone can do.

Still at Langley, Heathrow.
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

I've had packages from UK to USA take over a month and that's not during the Christmas period either so nothing new.
    Not had one go missing yet though even when a couple have gone a worldwide detour due to being put on the wrong plane or the destination country being misread at the sorting office.
    Some times the tracking shows them sat for ages then suddenly they are delivered.
    Nothing you can do and as long as you sent them tracked as you have it's out of your hands and no one can really render you liable for loss or delay with the proof of postage.
    Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
    VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

Your speedy service was nullified by the mail Rob, no worries on this though, I can't use the plungers until March.... and I'll have them by then...
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

I've got well used to it. Living in the Scottish Highlands makes it even worse. There are always challenges when you live in the third world! Thing is, despite everything, stuff very very rarely fails to arrive. So well done posties!!

I think we all accept that international mail and freight has been delayed due to the reduced number of flights atm. Nothing we can do about it either.

On another forum it's reported that sending items from the EU to the UK has got a lot more difficult. The UK is now requiring a lot more detail on the forms.

Some have suggested it's a form of retaliation or Brexit politics....It's got quite heated too.
    Personally I think it's information gathering. There's been very little needed previously - just a general declaration - eg. "Used motorcycle parts"
    So now that they need to put in place some form of possible customs duty they need to find out just what is coming in to get a database for duties.

The times they are a-changing.

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

I think it's Very common to apparently sit in customs for most of the time taken on the entire trip. I guess it's more labour intensive than the post office itself. You can't mechanize customs inspection as easily as just sorting.

If you sell on Ebay/Paypal I would suggest you be careful. If the buyer fills out the proper request, Ebay will immediately find in their favor and send a full refund. Seller is left with nothing.

And if the Post Office delivers without a scan, you better hope you get lucky and have an honest buyer.

I have had packages in the US halted since December 3rd. USPS will not get my package business going forth.

argonsagas is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    Got a package showing no movement since the 19th. Buyer is bugging me to do something. Is it time to start getting concerned? End destination is Hatton, Derby DE65 5DT

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...%2C&tABt=false
    According to Royal Mail your shipment is moving through Parcelforce

The latest status from them suggests the package may be stuck in UK Customs, as they have not received it..
    Here is the tracking link and result:

https://www.parcelforce.com/track-tr...=CJ183423719US
    "The only thing worse than ignorance is arrogance." AE

I suspect every nation's postal services are under stress right now with the increased volume as a result of Covid 19 online purchasing.... Add into that the air service restrictions for international service and slow delivery really is not unexpected.... On the upside I would be very surprised if Kanada Post didn't make a profit this year ..... { but they do that about 50% of the time anyway } ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750