Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel mixture screw and flot bowl plate bolt

Two quick questions, hopefully quick lol

One is where do I get a fuel mixture screw for my bike, I seen them for bs-34 carbs but not bs-32 and didnt want to order until I know it's either a fit or theres a different one.

Also what size bolt are the float bowl plate bolts, I dont need one I need a washer to make it into sort of a stud, the threading stripped on the way out? Never thought thatd happen but I guess with almost 40 year old metal It slowly bent from the pressure of the bolt being fastened.

Gotta get the stupid needle bit of the fuel screw out the carb gonna use a paperclip or safety pin and lots of hope.

Edit: got it out
    Last edited by timebombprod; 01-24-2021, 04:58 AM.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

I know i probably have a heavy hand, luckily both of these happened on the same carb. I guess the problem is I want to make sure things are tight but not everything needs to be so snug.

With the fuel mixture I did the 3 turns out but I'm guessing it broke when i tightened it in all the way.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

You said it broke when you seated it? Did you get everything out yet?
      sigpic
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        You said it broke when you seated it? Did you get everything out yet?
        Yes all clear
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Are the bs34 fuel mixture screws the same as the bs32
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

Ordered one for a xs650, design is the same hopefully it's the same size.
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

This is it, I did see an aftermarket one on ebay but I heard that aftermarket brass pieces usually arent up to par, here's the link for it though.

MIKUNI AIR SCREW. Fits many Mikuni BS series carbs as used on many Yamahas. Check the size compared to yours before you order as Yamaha never listed a part number for these! - 6mm threads. - 25mm end to end.
              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
                https://www.dimecitycycles.com/yamah...hoCcf4QAvD_BwE

This is it, I did see an aftermarket one on ebay but I heard that aftermarket brass pieces usually arent up to par, here's the link for it though.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MIKUNI-B...-/291817777366
                Scroll down to post #8, there are measurements for the BS34 Pilot screw
                This is how i envisage the end product to be or there a bouts. Not to many posts making it easy to navigate for the IQ challenged, (takes one to know one............me), and doesn't clog up a thread with multiple posts for one set of carbs, or 2 or more pages to sift through. Hopefully the...
                82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                Albums

Comment

When you get finished adjusting the pilot screws pack their holes with bearing grease. It seals them off from moisture, and keeps you from having future problems with them sticking.
                  1981 GS1100E
                  1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by metalfab View Post
                    When you get finished adjusting the pilot screws pack their holes with bearing grease. It seals them off from moisture, and keeps you from having future problems with them sticking.
                    Alright forsure
                    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                    1982 XS650

Comment

Well this is unfortunate, I should've checked the measurements first, I went ahead and ordered the aftermarket one aswell and well, both were too big.

Anyone know where I can find a correct one or anyone have an extra I can buy?Snapchat-2112216009.jpg
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

The float bowl bolt situation is fixed, got it working like a stud now.

I dont know if this is a far reach but if I cannot come across the correct length fuel mixture screw, would it be possible to use the mikuni bs34 fuel mixture screws if I were to replace all of the original ones?
                        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                        1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                        X