No announcement yet.

Trailer math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, was I ever confused when I started reading this thread, as I thought the title was trailer "Meth". I thought you had found someone's stash...
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
      Boy, was I ever confused when I started reading this thread, as I thought the title was trailer "Meth". I thought you had found someone's stash...
      Rob S beat you to it. With me being in The Ozarks for the winter I can understand why you may have come to that conclusion!
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
        Rob S beat you to it. With me being in The Ozarks for the winter I can understand why you may have come to that conclusion!
        didn't make it that far in the thread...
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I built a trailer out of a 650 frame. I used the triple tree for the toung of the trailer so it would swivel. The rest of the frame to make the hitch. I could travel as fast as I wanted with full lean. Hardly knew it was there, loaded with a 83 1100 E motor and other gear.

V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post

This takes being prepared for anything to the highest level........well done!

Comment

One look at those pics, and I thought, "I was right the first time - trailer meth!"

But then I thought, you've got that humongous engine back there, why not put it to work?
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

My parents always had Conway trailer tents when I was a kid. The kitchen unit on those has drop down legs & comes away from the back of the trailer on rails so that it can be moved into the main part of the tent for cooking.

Just some pics I found online.

fixed to the trailer with the legs dropped:

One in a tent...

1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

My dealer pulls a trailer everywhere with a lightweight flatbed trailer sporting a car top carrier. He extended the tongue.

Comment

When I rebuilt my utility trailer years ago I moved thr axle rearward from where it was originally located. iIrc it was 60/40 with the 60 being the front portion. Be mindful of the tongue weight. Load it to keep it within proper limits.
                    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                      When I rebuilt my utility trailer years ago I moved thr axle rearward from where it was originally located. iIrc it was 60/40 with the 60 being the front portion. Be mindful of the tongue weight. Load it to keep it within proper limits.
                      I've still haven't bought one and am up in the air as to when that will happen. Seems that anytime something pops up around here at a reasonable price I'm too late to snag it. DAMN there was a FINE looking rig up in St Louis made for a Spyder, about cried when I missed out on that.
                      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
                      X