New Carbs heavy throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Carbs heavy throttle

So I put some 36mm flatlsides on. The bike runs like an absolute champion. The only problem is the the throttle is stiff....really stiff. Uncomfortable after a 30 minute ride stiff. The push/pull cables are new, free and clear. I'm 99% sure its the spring. Any ideas on how to make the throttle movement a little lighter?

If they're Mikuni RS flatslides at least one of the return springs has an alternative position which has less tension. From memory it's the one closest to the cable drum.

It's also possible to play with the return springs on Keihins.

Comment

Thank God for you man! They are RS flat slides. I'll give them a look.

Comment

It's nice when there is an inbuilt solution!
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
          It's nice when there is an inbuilt solution!
          In the brief time I worked for John Britten, one of the riders - who shall remain nameless - wanted no return springs on the throttle at all....It did have a push=pull cable setup.

John had to be talked out of doing it. Not least because it was against the rules book - as well as plain dumb.

Comment

Yeah balls to the wall mode with no spring is begging for either Murphy's law, or the Darwin Awards to step in.
            1981 GS1100E
            1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Working...
            X