No announcement yet.

GS1100E Oil Pressure Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon after I had my Z1 rebuilt, the oil light came on. Mechanic came over and cleaned out some oil passages. One of his employees told me it was probably because the mechanic had used paper towels instead of rags when rebuilding it.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      A few years ago, I purchased an 1150 oil cooler with an 1150 filter cover for $150 total (no shipping fee) from a member here. IIRC, the filter cover was NOS. The cooler had all the lines attached, and was in very good condition.

I got a good deal, right?
      Yes, Rob. You got a good deal!
      Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
      Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

I've sourced this cover and vapor blasted it.. can't get the problem to come back yet in the shop, but too much ice outside to give it a try.

No restrictors installed in the bike so that's good news.

Shame about the oil pressure switch.. Not sure which bike the cover comes from, can't find it on any of the diagrams for 80/81/82/83

I'd like to blank the switch hole off.
        Thought it would be 1/8 NPT like other oil switches but it's like a metric pipe thread or something.

It's just shy of 10mm with 0.9mm threads and the switch is tapered like pipe thread

Anyways, hope the light stays off

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X