Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get oversize pistons for GS1000??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to update, I ended up ordering the 0.5mm oversize pistons from Cruizinimage. They should be here tomorrow.
    I will take them, along with my cylinders, to my machinist for him to assess. Hopefully he will deem them fine. If he looks at them and says they're crap, I'll be ordering the Wiseco 1085 kit. Hopefully, it won't come to that.
    Everyone that I've been in contact with, that have actually used the Cruizinimage pistons, have had no problems with them.
    I will agree though, communication with Cruzinimage is not the greatest

Comment

if you DO go with a 1085 kit, try to find a Yosh kit. The Wiseco uses old thick rings where the Yosh uses modern 1mm rings.
      If you do go with Wiseco I have a free set of 73.5mm rings for you in Omemee.

Who is doing the machining? They can USUALLY tell what size/over bore you need BEFORE you order parts
      if you want help email me jim at bitzz dot com

Comment

Originally posted by bitzz View Post
        if you DO go with a 1085 kit, try to find a Yosh kit. The Wiseco uses old thick rings where the Yosh uses modern 1mm rings.
        If you do go with Wiseco I have a free set of 73.5mm rings for you in Omemee.

Who is doing the machining? They can USUALLY tell what size/over bore you need BEFORE you order parts
        if you want help email me jim at bitzz dot com
        Thanks for the offer Jim.
        Are you the same Bitzz from GTAM?
        The guy doing the machining is a buddy of mine by the name of Paul Garrat. He's an independent, one man operation who works out of his home shop.
        He's got some regular customers, and he does some custom work for a couple of bike shops.
        His real specialty is old Indians. He does some amazing work... very meticulous.
        He has already inspected the cylinders and told me 0.5mm oversize will be enough. I'm taking the pistons to him tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X