Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get oversize pistons for GS1000??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, From what the add said, I thought they meant from the smallest they have, a 0.5mm over (70.5mm) up to the largest they have, a 3.5mm over (73.5mm) but I'm not sure. There is a place on ebay that says "contact seller", I'll bet if you ask them, they will tell you what they have available.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks for all of your replies. I really appreciate the help.
      I guess I was naive, but I assumed it would be easier to get oversize pistons.
      I found these:

✓Get the PISTON SET(OS:0.5) ✓Manufacturercode: 12103-49810-050 ✓Genuine Suzuki part

They are a lot more than the Cruizinimage ones, and I have no idea where they are made or what the quality is like.
      Other than that, it looks like Cruizinimage or the Wiseco big bore.
      I'm leaning hard toward the Cruizinimage ones.

Comment

Yes they are pricey €414 + v.a.t €82 = $602 + shipping ?
        usuall cmsl are Oem parts but if you feeling rich better to contact them and ask.
        good luck with your search
        The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
        1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
        past bikes. RF900
        TL1000s
        Hayabusa
        gsx 750f x2
        197cc Francis Barnett
        various British nails

Comment

My vote is for you to go the Ebay, Cruzinimage 1.00mm overbore set. Going 1mm over will get rid of any rust damage to the liners.

I have these Cruzinimage, pistons in my CB-1100F motor.

I also purchased Cruzinimage pistons in the 73.50mm overbore size, for my GS1000G project that I'm building now.
          See my post in the, "Project-Rebuild" section.

here's the link to the 1mm overbore.

Comment

I sent a note on Saturday to Cruizinimage, with my "request for quote" , about combining shipping. (They have several things that I'd like to order.)
            I hadn't heard anything back, so I e-mailed again on Monday. I still haven't heard anything.
            What have other peoples experiences been like with them, as far as communication goes?
            I'm not exactly getting a warm fuzzy feeling from them.

Comment

Don't give up. In the time of Covid and lockdowns, communication can be difficult.

The best responses I've had lately have been one-man businesses who can work from home.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
                Don't give up. In the time of Covid and lockdowns, communication can be difficult.

The best responses I've had lately have been one-man businesses who can work from home.
                Yes. This is true. I just kind of figured there would be someone answering e-mails, but I have no idea how things are working in Japan.

Comment

Anytime that I've ordered multiple items from them they always refund some of the shipping charges. I've had nothing but good experiences with them, but, I've never requested a quote????
                  Last edited by 1978GS750E; 02-02-2021, 08:49 PM.
                  Ron
                  When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                  1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                  1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                  1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                  1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

They have trouble communicating due to the language barrier............I had the same experience as 1978GS750E, I ordered and bought 3 sets of pistons and sent an email asking about combined shipping. Got a receipt within a couple of hours, they had combined shipping and refunded the extra back into my Paypal acc.

Their Home site has a bigger range of parts. Honestly have a look their first if you intend to use fleecebay. They usually have standard pistons and go up in increments of .5mm.......... At the moment they have standard size, .5mm and 1mm pistons and the big-bore 1100cc piston kit.
                    82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                    Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                    Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                    Albums

Comment

Originally posted by shadow View Post
                      ...I guess I was naive, but I assumed it would be easier to get oversize pistons....
                      It’s a 40 year old bike, I’m not too surprised parts aren’t on every street corner.
                      '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Buying pistons is the easy part, finding a good shop to do the boring is the challenge. When it comes time to overhaul my GS I will send the block to APE. They take $ 100 off the labour when you buy the pistons from them.
                        1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                          Buying pistons is the easy part, finding a good shop to do the boring is the challenge. When it comes time to overhaul my GS I will send the block to APE. They take $ 100 off the labour when you buy the pistons from them.
                          Yeah I thought it was quite straightforward, drill four holes the same size, stick in appropriate sized piston, done. But the mechanic I use has worked the World SBK circuit for many years and he matches each cylinder to the the individual piston, apparently they're not always exactly the same.
                          1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

I sent a note on Saturday to Cruizinimage, with my "request for quote" , about combining shipping. (They have several things that I'd like to order.)
                            I hadn't heard anything back, so I e-mailed again on Monday. I still haven't heard anything.
                            What have other peoples experiences been like with them, as far as communication goes?
                            They have a tarnished reputation, often not responding back to address any issue the customer may have with the product. If it's not too late I'd stay away.

Comment

They have a tarnished reputation, often not responding back to address any issue the customer may have with the product. If it's not too late I'd stay away.

I'm going here for my overbore https://www.suzukiperformancespares....bore-kit/2810/

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                                It’s a 40 year old bike, I’m not too surprised parts aren’t on every street corner.
                                GS spares are quiet plentiful you just gotta know where to look.

Comment

Working...
                                X