Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get oversize pistons for GS1000??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get oversize pistons for GS1000??

I'm hoping someone here can help me.
    I've disassembled the top end of my gs1000, hoping to just give it a hone and a new set of rings.
    There has been water in cylinders 3 and 4 sometime in the past, and they are beyond a light hone.
    I've been searching for some 0.5mm oversize pistons and rings with no luck. They are "unavailable" from Suzuki, as are the 1.0mm oversize.
    Wiseco only seem to offer the big bore kits, but I don't really want to have the jugs bored that big.
    Can anyone recommend a source for some quality oversize pistons?
    Thanks.

Several listed on ebay, standard, 0.5 over, & 1.0 over. I have no clue any info. but maybe a place to start.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      Several listed on ebay, standard, 0.5 over, & 1.0 over. I have no clue any info. but maybe a place to start.
      Thanks for the response.
      The only ones I'm seeing are the Wiseco 73mm and 73.5mm.
      There are some used factory looking ones, but they don't specify a size, so I'm assuming they are standard 70mm.

Comment

I don't understand. when I look at ebay, Suzuki GS1000 pistons, they are there some .5 over (70.5mm), some 1mm over (71mm) & raw powersports show Weisco from 0.50 oversizet to 3.50 (73.5mm) oversized. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong. Good luck.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Cruznimage, maybe?

No idea what year GS1000 you have or whether it matters, but anyway...

Cruznimage has a pretty decent reputation around here. I've installed some of their carb boots and everything seemed high quality and fit perfectly.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I've used the Cruzinimage pistons with good results. I've also used the Wiseco's in race engines.
            Cruzinimage as a search term on ebay should bring up pistons - it certainly used to.
            They are to all intents replicas of OE and available in the oversizes you want.

Comment

I don't understand. when I look at ebay, Suzuki GS1000 pistons, they are there some .5 over (70.5mm), some 1mm over (71mm) & raw powersports show Weisco from 0.50 oversizet to 3.50 (73.5mm) oversized. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong. Good luck.
              Sorry, but I'm still not seeing anything 0.5 over (70.5mm).
              Could you possibly supply a link?
              Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
                I've used the Cruzinimage pistons with good results. I've also used the Wiseco's in race engines.
                Cruzinimage as a search term on ebay should bring up pistons - it certainly used to.
                They are to all intents replicas of OE and available in the oversizes you want.
                Thanks for the response.
                I have seen the Cruzinimage kits, but I was leary of the quality.
                I would prefer something from a more reputable company (Japanese/American), but I will have another look.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                  Cruznimage, maybe?

No idea what year GS1000 you have or whether it matters, but anyway...

Cruznimage has a pretty decent reputation around here. I've installed some of their carb boots and everything seemed high quality and fit perfectly.
                  Thanks.
                  It's a 1978.
                  I'll have another look at Cruzinimage.
                  Like I said, I was concerned about quality, but the price is right!

Comment

Cruzinimage is one of the ebay sellers & Raw power is another, that have them. Sorry, I don't know how to do links & stuff like that, I know very little about computers.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow View Post
                      Thanks for the response.
                      I have seen the Cruzinimage kits, but I was leary of the quality.
                      I would prefer something from a more reputable company (Japanese/American), but I will have another look.
                      Cruznimage is a Japanese company. The parts I installed were shipped directly from Japan, complete with groovy Japanese newspaper packing. Whether the parts were actually made in Japan, I dunno.
                      Last edited by bwringer; 01-27-2021, 01:35 PM.
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

If you know the actual dimensions of the rings you want Total Seal makes rings for almost everything.
                        ... and the fact that they are some of the best piston rings made is bonus.

Comment

Cruzinimage don't do eBay any more
                          Just got a note from Mitsuo stating he is no longer selling parts on E-bay . He claims to many problems so he has posted $1000 shipping charge. He will only sell on his website.. tim

Here is a link that dates back to 2013 that has a lot of information about the quality and experiences. Not Suzuki but Yamaha, i wouldn't think the parts for different makes would make a difference to quality
                          I did a search and couldn't find any info. http://www.ebay.com/itm/74-76-YAMAHA-XS650-75-5mm-PISTON-SETS-0-5mm-OVERSIZE-2-PISTONS-INCLUDE-XS650-1-/140912048083?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20cf0337d3&vxp=mtr Are these sets for $80 any good or do I need to spend $180 for rings and...

Home site
                          https://www.cruzinimage.net/

No i don't have share in the company,
                          Last edited by 650Skull; 01-27-2021, 04:00 PM.
                          82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                          Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                          Albums

Comment

Just looked again at ebay, Cruzinimage still lists them on ebay 0.5 over & 1.0 over & they ship from over seas (China or Japan). Rad Powersports show 0.5mm oversize to 73.5mm 10.25:1 compre. I don't know & never ordered from either, just read their adds.

Comment

Just looked again at ebay, Cruzinimage still lists them on ebay 0.5 over & 1.0 over & they ship from over seas (China or Japan). Rad Powersports show 0.5mm oversize to 73.5mm 10.25:1 compre. I don't know & never ordered from either, just read their adds.
                              73.5mm is 3.5mm oversize for GS1000. That would be a Wiseco big bore kit. If you want .5mm over get the Cruzinimage from eBay.

Comment

Working...
                              X