Rust Preventer/Inhibitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
    Haven't got that yet but I'm running a test on some roof patch+paint thinner (acetone tried won't mix easily) ..a thin brown wash..Encouraging so far and dried in short order with a heat gun..but tests are ongoing perresistance, easy removal to overpaint... I'm looking for a 10 minute "suppression" until the day when paint will be an option. This "wash" might combine well with rust converter.

And I have so many tools I could use this on! It's awful to see what's happened to some of my edge tools- even packed in grease! An ideal dip...

In the past I used gasoline as a solvent, it is cheap and evaporates fast. I haven't used any gasoline with alcohol in it yet.
    1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

I forgot to mention, tar can be resistant to dissolving. Let it soak in solvent a few days and it cooperates a little better
      1981 GS1100E
      1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Working...
      X