New third-generation 2021 Hayabusa!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New third-generation 2021 Hayabusa!!!

Technically it's a GS.... well, GSX anyway.

Some might be interested so I thought that I'd throw up what information has been trickled out so far. After all, we've only been waiting for a Gen3 Hayabusa since the Gen2 debuted in 2008. Seems like a lifetime ago... or several lifetimes in bike years.

It started late last week with this teaser video:

Something BIG is coming to Suzuki! Check it out and stay tuned for February 5th, 2021! Suzuki.ca

And today we received this:

Yum, yum, give me sum!

No technical details yet (engine displacement, etc) but it's definitely received an electronics update! Rumours are saying it'll be a normally aspirated 1440cc, 200hp engine and the 11000rpm redline on the tach seems to justify the big-bore engine. Some folks were speculating on a boosted 1000cc engine a la Kawasaki H2 but that's doubtful now that the gauge cluster has been revealed. No boost gauge, no 14000rpm redline. I'm fine with that. Less complexity, more old-skool Busa. It just wouldn't be a hypersport without a car-sized engine in it.

5A495B32-417D-456B-99B1-27729B93355D.jpg

All the details are due on Friday.
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Thanks for Sharing this!!!
    Hmm looks awesome... The only thing, it still looks uncomfortable to me. I'll keep my 200hp cruiser. For now...
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

That S.R.A.D. tail is evident...since inception!

It's a beautiful bike!!!

I can bend my knees to 140 degrees but before I had my surgery, I was already getting numbness in my knees (on long rides I had to straighten my legs) when I had my first bike...so I get what Jedz is talking about.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-02-2021, 04:41 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Suzuki's seat to foot-peg distance has always been tight on their sportbikes but the aftermarket has been there supplying drop-pegs for those afflicted with long legs/bad knees (me on both counts). A lot of Busa/B-King guys have used Buell pegs as they slotted in and gave an extra inch or so of drop.

There's a solution for every problem.
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Necessity is the Mother of Invention...in this regard.

I do love the sitting position and leaning forward.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Good looking machine. I have only ever ridden the Gen 1 Busa, but it did not strike me as uncomfortable-even in comparison to the FZ-1 I was riding at the time (with lower bars and rearsets).
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Link says 2020 but article says 2021?

https://moto-bike2020.com/suzuki-hayabusa-2021-consumption-price-and-photos/
              Last edited by 1948man; 02-03-2021, 12:10 PM.
              1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
              1983 GS 1100 G
              2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
              2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
              1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

suzuki kabuki mask.jpg

Look in the rearview mirror and here's a Kabuki mask coming up fast!

Comment

There has been speculation online for a decade regarding a third generation Hayabusa so take what you find with a grain, or a bag, of salt. There has been nothing official until last week so anything prior is as I said, pure speculation and wishful thinking.

Friday is the day that all will be revealed. I'm surprised that I can sleep as well as I am!

Having had two Gen1s (one of which is back in my possession) and a Gen2 (as well as two B-Kings), a new Gen3 is destined to find its way into my garage... just not sure when. The Gen2 lasted for 13 model years so I think I will have ample time to get around to having a Gen3 in my life.
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Yep, a really nice modern looking & acting sport bike. But at 67 yr. old a Kawasaki RS900 would probably suit me better, even with the 90 less HP.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I had a dream last night that I was riding my friend's old Busa on a night highway at speed. It was a cool dream. To me, the Busa has always been the king of the Ubersports.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Yawn. We'll see if it's better than my 2006 ZX14....I actually was looking at Busas before I got my 14. The biggest thing that put me off was the reach to the bars. And to modify them is a fairly involved thing. On my bike I just popped on 1 inch spacers and was good to go.

Mad
                        83 GS750E
                        2006 ZX14
                        2004 KTM 450 EXC
                        2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
                          Yawn. We'll see if it's better than my 2006 ZX14....I actually was looking at Busas before I got my 14. The biggest thing that put me off was the reach to the bars. And to modify them is a fairly involved thing. On my bike I just popped on 1 inch spacers and was good to go.

Mad
                          I'm going to say that it will be for me as I didn't gel with the 2010 ZX14 that I owned. It was fast but lacked the soul of the 'Busa. Of course it had no chance to impress me by being preceded by a 2001 and 2005 Hayabusa, then succeeded with a 2009. Yeah, I have Busa on the brain...

e0a77de9e860c808cdaabacef4f7f3ec.jpg

I added the Helibar risers to my -14 as well and agree it's a quick and easy mod. Changing the battery however, that's a full day's work on the Kawasaki.
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

The ZX14 DID lack a soul. It was a fast appliance.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Plenty of room to store a pair of trombones, one either side.
                              How thoughtful of Suzuki to think of their musical buyers.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                              X