Just so long as you ride.
    Fer sure! More nowadays than ever.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

And now a ride report... from me!

Full disclosure: It was just a short PDI ride (I'm currently a tech at a local dealership) but having owned three 'Busas myself, much of what I already knew remains true in the Gen3. The change in the ergos from the new handlebar position make a surprising difference in rider comfort, much like the Helibars did on my old Gen2. Pegs are still too high but not uncomfortably so, like a GSX-Rs are. The gauges are really clear and look very high-end, so happy they kept the analogue-style speedo and tach. The engine seems smoother but being the first Hayabusa with an electronic throttle, it might be artificially so? I will say that the new throttle system makes the bike feel ridiculously soft between idle and 2500-3000rpm... you roll onto the grip and it's like no one is home. Past 3000rpm though, wow, pure 'Busa. The published numbers are down but the butt-dyno says that it's all there and more. Again, maybe it's the electronic mapping doing its PFM (pure f-ing magic) but the transition from nothing to everything is something special. Being a brand new bike (that belonged to someone else), I didn't flog it but it is my duty to make sure that the bike is as advertised and that everything is working (launch control? ) prior to customer delivery...

Did I like it? Hell yeah but then I'm Busa people. Is it worth $24K (CDN)? I don't think that any bike is but that's pretty par for the course these days so maybe? If I had a fat wallet and a Busa-sized hole in my garage then it would definitely be top of my list. Would I upgrade from my current Gen1? No. It's just not five times better than my $5000 2005, and I have a strong aversion to electronics and nanny-state safety nets. If I was looking for an upgrade, I'd just buy back my old derestricted '09 with the Helibars and 4-into-1 Yosh full system and leave the '22 in my wake. Well, above the 300kph restriction anyway...

It is a sexy thing though, no argument from me on that!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Oohh, get me started about the dang electronic throttle. My first vehicle with an electronic throttle was a Toyota Tacoma. It felt (I like his description) soft, just didn't feel responsive. Unhappy with it for a couple yrs. till I heard of the adjustable "Throttle Controllers". Installed one on the Tacoma and the response perked right up. I went from very disappointed the first couple of yrs. to very happy since installing it. I didn't realize bikes had this but surely there will be throttle controllers for bikes soon. Just something else to buy to fix what innovation has screwed up.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
        X