No announcement yet.

New third-generation 2021 Hayabusa!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone own a ZX-14R? I've read that they're an improved (and faster) beast, though not as 'sporty' in some regards as the 'Busa.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I see they have dragged out a '99 for a couple of the ads.
      Almost looks like a bit of copper colour in the new paint scheme as well.
      Might get to use the old Vanson again.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
        Yawn. The biggest thing that put me off was the reach to the bars. And to modify them is a fairly involved thing. On my bike I just popped on 1 inch spacers and was good to go. Mad
        an inch up / back in 30 minutes with heli-bars on gen 1 or 2
        btw.. knight footpegs give an 1 inch drop....they are a little flat though and I have been meaning to machine them a little, still better than stock the way they are
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          I see they have dragged out a '99 for a couple of the ads.
          Almost looks like a bit of copper colour in the new paint scheme as well.
          Might get to use the old Vanson again.

The copper Gen 1 Busa is one of the best paint schemes ever.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

And it's out.... https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bik...zuki-hayabusa/

Looks like about the same weight and power. Biggest improvement is electronics package and better front brakes.

The new styling is subjective, I happen to like it.

I was hoping they would go 1600+ on the displacement. I am quite surprised that there is actually a small hp loss considering where all the high end liter bikes are.
            1983 GS1100E project

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              The copper Gen 1 Busa is one of the best paint schemes ever.

Agreed. If I ever had the chance, thats the color I'd prefer.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Staying with the 1340cc engine is a massive surprise (and small disappointment) when there were patent drawings floating around showing 1440cc. Consider that the ZX-14 has been 1441cc for a while now and it appears that Suzuki is waving the white flag to all-out performance.

Too bad since the aftermarket can provide a 1440cc Hayabusa engine with next-day delivery.

Seems refinement and electronic nannies are the name of the game now... is Suzuki going after BMW since it has obviously decided to stop battling Kawasaki?

I was excited about the Gen3 but now think that a left-over Gen2 would suit my desires more (if I was actually looking to buy... which I'm not). I don't like electronics other than a basic fuel injection system, and I like horsepower. I'm actually happy about this in that my minty Gen1 is still in the game performance-wise, and fresh Gen2s are out there for not a lot of money. Heck, I sold my clean '09 in 2018 for $5K... maybe I'll just get it back.
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

A copper Gen 1 is one bike I still wouldn't mind owning.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                    A copper Gen 1 is one bike I still wouldn't mind owning.
                    194 mph right out the box! This was before the 186 mph "gentleman's agreement." (Brokered, and broken by BMW, with their 1000SS.)

Why the need for speed? To paraphrase Cycle World, the first one there gets to mate with the best females. And gets the best parking space.

Truer words were never spoken.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      194 mph right out the box! This was before the 186 mph "gentleman's agreement." (Brokered, and broken by BMW, with their 1000SS.)

Why the need for speed? To paraphrase Cycle World, the first one there gets to mate with the best females. And gets the best parking space.

Truer words were never spoken.
                      Only if by "best females" you mean most vain.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        Agreed. If I ever had the chance, thats the color I'd prefer.
                        That colour scheme still looks great to me.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

How much nicer is that exhaust than today's monstrosities?

Comment

Why the need for speed? To paraphrase Cycle World, the first one there gets to mate with the best females.
                            I've not noticed any correlation between fast bikes and good looking women, except possibly in a perceptual set.
                            Indeed, some of the slowest riders and bikes have done quite well in that regard.

It might well impress a bubble-brain, but who needs that?
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Does anyone own a ZX-14R? I've read that they're an improved (and faster) beast, though not as 'sporty' in some regards as the 'Busa.
                              The 14R has a slightly larger motor, more hp, a bit more weight and better handling than the first gen ZX14. And I completely disagree about the 14 having no soul. I have owned more than 20 bikes and this one is the best I've had, by far. I was really hoping that Kawasaki would come out with a new ZX15SC, using the supercharged motor out of their big jet ski which has 300 hp. No luck so far...

Mad
                              83 GS750E
                              2006 ZX14
                              2004 KTM 450 EXC
                              2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

How much nicer is that exhaust than today's monstrosities?
                                About 3 million percent, but cats are a b1tch to hide.
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X