Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel fouled plugs at idle, and a high rev.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pmed you

Can they be inconsistent, sometimes I have a smooth reaction to throttle, sometimes it fights to go up. Would that indicate anything?
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

Yes! they can be inconsistent but so can other issues.
      Fitting fresh plungers may or may not fully cure the problem but it will permanently eliminate them as the cause of any current or future fueling fluctuations.
      Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
      VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

Your hanging idle issue may be related to the timing advance. Many here have had the same issue with a rotor slipping or other part not operating as it should.
        I'm not familiar with your model but as an example, I installed a Martek ignition on my '79 1000 back in 1980 to replace the points. The Martek rotor had a set screw to keep it tight. The set screw came loose and the bike behaved exactly as you describe. I'd check everything and verify correct operation with a timing tool.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
          Your hanging idle issue may be related to the timing advance. Many here have had the same issue with a rotor slipping or other part not operating as it should.
          I'm not familiar with your model but as an example, I installed a Martek ignition on my '79 1000 back in 1980 to replace the points. The Martek rotor had a set screw to keep it tight. The set screw came loose and the bike behaved exactly as you describe. I'd check everything and verify correct operation with a timing tool.
          If pulling the choke rack can get it back down could it still be that?

Bikes apart right now could check it, when i did a few months back it corresponded fine but I just used a timing light making sure it moved, not if it was tight. Probably gonna inspect it later while I'm putting the bike back together
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

Using the choke, on a fully warmed up/hot engine, will lower the rpm's or stall the engine, depending on how much choke is used. It's normal.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

What exactly am I messing with on here, is it something right on this surface or behind all of it, and ifso i know these screws won't budge easily I don't think any of this has been messed with.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by timebombprod; 02-28-2021, 07:11 AM.
              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

Messed up gonna post the photo of the whole thing behind the cover
                Attached Files
                Last edited by timebombprod; 02-28-2021, 07:15 AM.
                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                1982 XS650

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62489[/ATTACH

Know it wont be easy to take off I'd I have to lol
                  Attached Files
                  Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                  1982 XS650

Comment

Okay so I found what moves the advance on the outside, I been pushing it and letting it fall back seeing I'd it sticks and so far no sticking, the piece itself has play I can pull and push it back and forth but not rotate the advance freely, and it has the tiniest play in rotation but that doesnt move the advance.

Snapchat-381029101.jpg
                    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                    1982 XS650

Comment

Your finger is pointing at the little tab on advance mechanism....grab it...it should rotate easily about 30 degrees and spring back when released.
                      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                        Your finger is pointing at the little tab on advance mechanism....grab it...it should rotate easily about 30 degrees and spring back when released.
                        It does, so I guess back to vacuum leak, which i hopefully took care of the problem if it's the intake boots.
                        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                        1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                        X