Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delkevic Exhaust - I just installed another set and the fit is awesome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delkevic Exhaust - I just installed another set and the fit is awesome.

I have a shop n Northern California called The Vintage Monkey. I am lucky enough to have a constant supply of vintage bikes come in for repair and major restoration. Of my favorites the GS is high on the list and I seem to always have 1 or 2 in the shop
    I wanted to share with the forum how much I really like these Delkevic exhausts. The fit and finish is excellent.
    I have installed new from the box Mac, Kerker(NOS) Yoshimura and Delkevic. The Delkevic are well worth it. I am not sponsored to say this..I just really wanted to share.

This is the GS1000E exhaust mounted on the GS1000GL - The girl at the counted told me I would have to modify the mounting bracket at the muffler - I moved the hole 1/4" up and it fit great.

Sounds Awesome!

Also nice to see the center stand gets to stay.
    Does the system have to be removed when changing the oil and/or oil filter?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Removed for oil change yes - I have yet to see a 4into1 that doesnt, but you can remove the cover and make a mess if you do not want to remove the exhaust. It is probably more of a preference with these than a necessity

Comment

No, you don't have to remove it for oil changes. If you had to do that, that would have been a major anti-buying strike as far as I'm concerned. I've not had to remove a 4-1 for oil changes for several decades.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I have a 4-into-1 of unknown origin on my 850G and my son has a MAC Tri-Y on his 1000G. Neither one of them has to be removed for oil changes.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The Marving and the Delkovic don't need removing, neither does the K&N. The Yoshi & Bassani pipes I've had did need removing. Bit of a pain!
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I have a full Delkvic on the Bonneville. I love it! They really do a great job at bringing an affordable and quality aftermarket option to the table.

Looks great on the GS!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

My V&H keeps the centre stand too....no offence but the looks of the Delkevic exhausts have always left me flat.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  My V&H keeps the centre stand too....no offence but the looks of the Delkevic exhausts have always left me flat.
                  I tell ya man... I was looking at thousands to replace my stock Triumph exhaust, the Delkvic got me back on the road and I gained some hp to boot! I've tried TEC on my T120 that's in the same price range and it's Total crap. If you need a good working decent looking exhaust that works, I'll recommend a Delkvic!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    I tell ya man... I was looking at thousands to replace my stock Triumph exhaust, the Delkvic got me back on the road and I gained some hp to boot! I've tried TEC on my T120 that's in the same price range and it's Total crap. If you need a good working decent looking exhaust that works, I'll recommend a Delkvic!
                    I know lots of people like them...the look has never just never did anything for me.
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      I don't like the shorty pipe (too noisy) and I don't like the appearance of the expansion mega pipe (and it's too noisy), but it's a full stainless system that's affordable and if I was all that concerned about appearances I wouldn't be running a 40 year old crap heap.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                        I don't like the shorty pipe (too noisy) and I don't like the appearance of the expansion mega pipe (and it's too noisy), but it's a full stainless system that's affordable and if I was all that concerned about appearances I wouldn't be running a 40 year old crap heap.
                        Lol...fair enough.
                        No signature

Comment

Nuts, they don't make a set for the 83 750...

Mad
                          83 GS750E
                          2006 ZX14
                          2004 KTM 450 EXC
                          2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

I just wanted to post up my praise and recent experiences before I even searched and found this thread.

I've had multiple Vance and Hines and MAC pipes for GS's, one old Yoshi GS1000 pipe, and more recently 2 or 3 Delkevics.
                            I have a GS1000 megaphone Delkevic which sounds great and is awesome quality. I gave my buddy my better V&H pipe & bought a Delkevic with the smaller diameter road race type silencer... Awesome quality, great price.

Fast forward several years, I bashed that one in pretty hard while using my GS750 for some deep backcountry dual sporting in Jefferson National Forest looking for very remote campsites.... tbc
                            '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                            '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                            '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                            '79 GS425stock
                            PROJECTS:
                            '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                            '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                            '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                            '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

My biggest comment was, upon ordering this newest Delkevic pipe to replace my smashed/dented header the other day, I realized that really the price hasn't gone up that much, BUT the pipes cost over $30 more if you buy them on eBay +due to eBay's fees) versus buying direct from Delkevic's US website (Colorado-based headquarters)... I believe it was $341 WITH FREE SHIPPING & NO TAX.

It was $371 if I recall on ebay and ebay seems to always charge tax now...

I just ordered it maybe on monday, and it is in transit. Very fast response. Their pipes are of the highest quality you could ask for in my opinion. A bit longer silencer for the lower profile version would be nice, but with less and less options for these bikes these pipes popping up a few years ago are quite a blessing.

I'm not sure if Vance and Hines dropped the GS750 and probably GS 1000 pipes due to Delkevic coming onto the market, or if it was just a coincidence, but the Vance and Hines pipes were no longer available as of maybe two years or so ago.

Marving are BEAUTIFUL pipes but only one or two importers in the USA. The MAC Tri-Y look awesome from a functional standpoint, but the Mac silencer sections I never cared for, there very thick walled and heavy, and the stock baffles are pretty tame sounding. You can buy a performance baffle separately that is basically like the Vance and Hines perforated glass pack tube.
                              Last edited by Chuck78; 02-17-2021, 07:45 PM.
                              '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                              '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                              '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                              '79 GS425stock
                              PROJECTS:
                              '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                              '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                              '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                              '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                              '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Working...
                              X