Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

Recently bought a 81 gs650 bought as a rebuild with no cables.Im confused by the fuel lines I looked up and saw a post on bikecliffs page about the diagram but that page is from 8 years ago and will not load.I was thinking of buying a parts bike but 81 650 are not easy to come by I did see a 81 850.Are these identical in relation to the cables and brake system ?

You should find a cable routing diagram open either of the 650 Factory Service Manuals found on BikeCliffs. Not sure which one of the two applies to your bike but I was able to open both PDFs.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

650g? L? E?

850g? L?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You mentioned the fuel lines.
        THen ask questions about the cables and brakes, and 650 vs 850.

Do you still have question about fuel lines?
        650G? L? E?

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Looks like Basscliff's site is suffering from Photobucket-is-crap-itis. We'll have to find some new pictures for folks.
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

gs650E

gs650G

gs650GL (is called L but is officially GL)

Note: The pictures show European (not US) color schemes and emblems. But do look at chain vs shaft, and front axle location, shape of tank, and maybe fenders and rear cowl. Can also look at handlebars and seats, but those could have been change by prev owners.

Comment

The question about the 850.If I bought a 850gl parts bike and swapped all the cables onto the 650gl would it be compatible?

Comment

Thanks for the replies much appreciated the service manual is what I needed.

Comment

Working...
                X