Nos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Forgive me, guys, but I'm completely uninformed about GS650s (as well as 550s). I just noticed the "G" in 650GL. Is this a shafty?

So I browse through the BikeBound article. Plenty of pics. 13. Not a one shows the left side clear enough to discern the final drive. Shafts are...not sporty (or attractive).

Point being, timebomb, there's a time and place for everything. Time and place for Nos is college parties.
    Yeah shaftdrive and it had highway bars, also I guess it's considered a king and queen seat is what it had.

Apparently the L was for Low slider, or something close to that.

Atleast the maintenance is low!
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

BMW has made some very sporty shafties.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        BMW has made some very sporty shafties.
        And one hell of a sportbike.
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
          And one hell of a sportbike.
          Yeah, though it holds no appeal to me.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Yeah, though it holds no appeal to me.
            Same, though very cool and fast, the power cant even be used on a normal road without a police chase being formed. I definitely can admire the craftsmanship.

More fun to go fast on a slow bike than go slow on a fast one!
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

Great video of that! Ninja 250 whooping the big supersports in the corners

I would not be happy being one of the guys on the bigger bikes lol

Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
                Same, though very cool and fast, the power cant even be used on a normal road without a police chase being formed. I definitely can admire the craftsmanship.

More fun to go fast on a slow bike than go slow on a fast one!
                I've had my days with insane bikes (by far the most insane of which was a fully built GPz 750 Turbo with over 200 hp at the rear wheel; that thing scared me more times than I like to count). Nowadays, I am having a blast slowly and steadily tweaking this Sportster. Just got a set of cams for it, so a little more fun is in store-but nothing remotely crazy.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I've had my days with insane bikes (by far the most insane of which was a fully built GPz 750 Turbo with over 200 hp at the rear wheel; that thing scared me more times than I like to count). Nowadays, I am having a blast slowly and steadily tweaking this Sportster. Just got a set of cams for it, so a little more fun is in store-but nothing remotely crazy.
                  The best thing about harleys is howmuch you can modify them, and how readily available those parts are, you can probably literally build a whole complete engine out of aftermarket parts. Evo is a great engine, now if they can do something like buell again... a twin is a great engine for curvy roads, the powers always there.
                  Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                  1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                  X