Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nos

Default Nos

How well do these bikes handle NOS lol.

Just curious. I know these GS blocks are used in drag racing to this day, but those can also be built from the bottom up.

Woukd a stock block even be capable of handling NOS more than a few times?
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Want a "twin" for my bike

NO2 is a cheap substitute for a well built (even pressurized) motor. It is harder on pistons than blocks, and if you are spraying on a worn motor, you're playing Russian Roulette. Honestly-why? A 650 is not a drag-racing machine. If you want to do this, build up an 1150.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    NO2 is a cheap substitute for a well built (even pressurized) motor. It is harder on pistons than blocks, and if you are spraying on a worn motor, you're playing Russian Roulette. Honestly-why? A 650 is not a drag-racing machine. If you want to do this, build up an 1150.
    If I were to do it itd just be for an extra oomph to surprise some nicer cars, or If i get beat on too much.

I'd definitely want to finish and have my fun on this bike before i got another. I really like the early 90s supersports.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

Quote Originally Posted by timebombprod View Post
    If I were to do it itd just be for an extra oomph to surprise some nicer cars, or If i get beat on too much.

I'd definitely want to finish and have my fun on this bike before i got another. I really like the early 90s supersports.
    The blue bottle on the side of the bike tends to be a giveaway.
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    The blue bottle on the side of the bike tends to be a giveaway.
    I know another thing was placement, making it a surprise. If I had two feed systems maybe I could get some small bottles and make it look like part of the shocks.

Its alot easier to hide this stuff in a cage
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ

timebombprod, I don't knock you for askin the question. But, it sounds to me like you've got the wrong bike. Pick up what you REALLY want and "suprise" people with that.
    1979 GS850G, currently being rebuilt from the frame up. We shall see how that go's

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo Tolstoy

" Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde

"Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are" - Harold S. Kushner

And if you are serious about spraying, plan on rebuilding that motor completely.
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

I really like the early 90s supersports.
    Get a GSX-R 1100. Or a Kaw ZX-11. I would think either of those will scratch that itch.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

I much prefer the mid to late 80's for supersports. '87 GSX-R 1100, '88 Hurricane 1000, '89 ZX-10.
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Quote Originally Posted by RustyTank View Post
    timebombprod, I don't knock you for askin the question. But, it sounds to me like you've got the wrong bike. Pick up what you REALLY want and "suprise" people with that.
    I definitely do want another, but I like this bike alot!

A guy down the street has a NOS station in his garage and said if I ever wanna hook something up let him know, I just think this old 4 banger with an extra oomph would make people blink twice before realizing what just happened.

You are not wrong though I would eventually like a bigger and more agile bike, although the GS does handle really well.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ