X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Red and Black 1100 is the true gem.
    If only!

I dont know if it was a 750 or 1100, but I seen a 88gsxr for 1500 before...spraypainted orange. So maybe I'll find a good chassis in the future, being in florida I'm sure something like that will show up again.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

88 = / = 87
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
        Cant wait for my bike to have a friend
        One of the greatest days of my life was when I brought home a sister for Suzie. The next four years were a dream come true - two full sized, fully maintained beauties in my garage. Warms my heart just to think about it.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I see a Kawasaki mach3 in your future.....my former neighbor had one in seventies, fortunately he survived to tell me.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
            I see a Kawasaki mach3 in your future.....my former neighbor had one in seventies, fortunately he survived to tell me.
            If I could get one, holy crap those things arent cheap, maybe I could get one separated in a box. I know some guy who has a bunch of history with racing bikes
            He has a drag specialties GS, and smaller 2 stroke kawis, maybe he could be a help.
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

I remember the Bike magazine (UK) write up - they dubbed it the "Thanatoid Mach III".... very apt.
              -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

...Kawasaki mach3...
                For me, that was the start of the horsepower wars. But a Mach IV...parked next to a Z1...pure sex. Very thanatoid.
                Last edited by Rob S.; 02-07-2021, 05:33 PM.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                  I remember the Bike magazine (UK) write up - they dubbed it the "Thanatoid Mach III".... very apt.
                  Thanatoid means, deadly.
                  I looked it up, for myself and those of you who also didn't know what it meant
                  Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                  1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Sketchy power brings the smiles! Until you slip!
                    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                    1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      One of the greatest days of my life was when I brought home a sister for Suzie. The next four years were a dream come true - two full sized, fully maintained beauties in my garage. Warms my heart just to think about it.
                      Cant wait for the day. Either itll be a twin so I'll have a cruiser and a little sporty bike, or a fully faired bike making the GS a cruiser.
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

You're not implying that a GS650GL is sporty, though-right?
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Although certain GS650s have been made more so:

~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Not normally but I'd say mines a bit sporty (just a bit!). I changed the bars to cb400f bars and put an exhaust. Definitely feels alot sportier than when i had those wrist cramping stock bars. I plan on changing the seat style, I'm actually looking at this very one but no purchases will be made till the bike is mechanically well.

If I do get that seat I think I'll be shortening the rear fender a bit and doing something with the taillight...

received_133210261659118.jpg

Just a little sporty!
                            Last edited by timebombprod; 02-07-2021, 09:43 PM.
                            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                            1982 XS650

Comment

Although certain GS650s have been made more so:

http://www.bikebound.com/2019/12/09/suzuki-gs650/
                              That's a nice build! REALLY makes mine look like a cruiser.
                              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                              1982 XS650

Comment

Forgive me, guys, but I'm completely uninformed about GS650s (as well as 550s). I just noticed the "G" in 650GL. Is this a shafty?

So I browse through the BikeBound article. Plenty of pics. 13. Not a one shows the left side clear enough to discern the final drive. Shafts are...not sporty (or attractive).

Point being, timebomb, there's a time and place for everything. Time and place for Nos is college parties.

Comment

Working...
                                X