Main air jet and pilot air jet Mikuni BS34SS 49150 on 81 gs1000gx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main air jet and pilot air jet Mikuni BS34SS 49150 on 81 gs1000gx

The spec sheet gives a size for main air jet(1.7), but not for pilot air jet. The main air jet current diameter in these carbs is 1mm. The pilot air jet is labeled 180.

What should they be? The main air jet does not look factory installed.
    Previous owner re-jetted for foam pods. rest of bike showed signs of poor knowledge. ie all valves 1 to 2 shims out. side covers lost. ignition switch key and fuel tank punched. starter clutch wrecked. tank rusty. no title.

bike has 18.5k miles and other wise looks clean.
    I have adjusted valves and cleaned fuel tank, replace ignition switch and fuel cap with ones that have a key. starter clutch repaired. started title work. Now working on putting an air-box in and overhauling carbs back to original spec. I have carb kits coming from jets r us. and have the o ring kit already. Wondering how to make sure air jets are correct.

carby.jpg

Lucky you..
    this chart says 160 for pilot air jet for its siblings

are you going back to stock airbox setup
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Lucky you..
      this chart says 160 for pilot air jet for its siblings

are you going back to stock airbox setup
      Hello and Thank you. This is the information I needed.
      I am going back to stock airbox specs.20201122_205347.jpgThis is the bike as purchased

Comment

Cosmetically looks nice ...good find. Well worth your efforts to rescue it.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X