No announcement yet.

Learned something new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the kill switch to turn off my bike every time. It's just part of my routine. I think of it like an aviation checklist:

1. Flip kill switch
    2. Turn off ignition
    3. Kickstand down
    4. Get off bike

Flipping the kill switch to "run" is part of my startup procedure as well. That way I _know_ it's in the right position, regardless of whether or not my 7 year-old son has been pretending to be a motorcycle racer/combatant lately.
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
      I use the kill switch to turn off my bike every time. It's just part of my routine. I think of it like an aviation checklist:

1. Flip kill switch
      2. Turn off ignition
      3. Kickstand down
      4. Get off bike

Flipping the kill switch to "run" is part of my startup procedure as well. That way I _know_ it's in the right position, regardless of whether or not my 7 year-old son has been pretending to be a motorcycle racer/combatant lately.
      That's exactly what I do, never thought of it as an AVIATION checklist but yeah, its routine for me to do the same everytime in the same order of steps, if not it throws me off.
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        Am I the only one that has, more than once, killed the bike with the kill switch then walked away forgetting to turn the ign. off & returned to a dead batt. For that reason I try to not use that switch. Worried about wearing the switch out? Yes, I worry about that as much as I worry about wearing the light switches in my house.
        I've done it more than once... Fortunately it never killed the battery though. Never get in a hurry when you're riding.
        - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
        - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
        X