Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: I got the COVID shot today

Burque73 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

For various reasons, I cancelled that appointment for my J&J shot on Monday. Can't afford to be laid up next week if it affects me like it has so many others. Since I got three notifications in the last 24 hours to schedule the shot with the Maderna or J&J juice, I'll bet another will come along shortly. Maybe I can grab a Friday afternoon appointment and pick a different formula too. Picky, I know, but lots of my family have had the Pfizer and have had no problems. I'd be the only one to get the J&J and with my luck it'll knock me out for a week. Heck, my last flu shot two years ago sent me into something like convulsions (fever/ chills + parkinson's not a good combination) so I suppose it's more than just a slight possibility.
    Roger

1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by Burque73 View Post
    Got my J&J shot scheduled for Monday.

My primary care Dr said to take a zyrtec allergy tablet before the shot to help reduce any reaction I may have. First I'd heard of doing that. Maybe throw in a motrin too?
    Possibly to counter a severe allergic reaction like this? Better safe than sorry... looks very painful.

Untitled.jpg
    1994 Suzuki RF600R
    2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2020 Suzuki Katana

Dave

Burque73 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser View Post
    Possibly to counter a severe allergic reaction like this? Better safe than sorry... looks very painful.

Untitled.jpg
    Ouch! Man, the cure looks worse than the disease.
    Roger

1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by Burque73 View Post
    For various reasons, I cancelled that appointment for my J&J shot on Monday. Can't afford to be laid up next week if it affects me like it has so many others. Since I got three notifications in the last 24 hours to schedule the shot with the Maderna or J&J juice, I'll bet another will come along shortly. Maybe I can grab a Friday afternoon appointment and pick a different formula too. Picky, I know, but lots of my family have had the Pfizer and have had no problems. I'd be the only one to get the J&J and with my luck it'll knock me out for a week. Heck, my last flu shot two years ago sent me into something like convulsions (fever/ chills + parkinson's not a good combination) so I suppose it's more than just a slight possibility.
    My wife did it on a Friday with the intention of recouping on the weekend. Sucks to ruin the weekend but if it affects you quite severely as your last shot, I would be hesitant too.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

I was on a backup list because I deliver to Positive COVID-19 students... It was a long shot but I got the call today, J&J; one and done. Feel ok now, minor headache and a sore arm. Feels like the Flu shot to be honest. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

I'll be actively leaving the state next weekend.

Immunity FTW.

*Morning update: I had a fever last night which came on quickly but left just as fast. Awoke with a migraine and body pains around 3AM. Took my Migraine emergency meds and some advil, now I'm feeling great minus some pain at the injection site.

Heading out for a sunrise ride.

Best,
    Last edited by Jedz123; 04-11-2021 at 06:05 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    2016 Yamaha FJ-09 Tracer - Fazer 900 The Mule
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125 - Back road discoverer
    1996 BMW R1100R
    1996 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200 - The Freedom Eagle
    2015 Kymco Agility 125 - Wife's bike
    2017 Honda Fit - The Cheap New Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Our youngest daughter and son-in-law received their J&J shot this morning...it took 2 days from the time they signed up--Dover Downs was the location.

Both feel OK today 1.5hrs from the time received. They just had breakfast and will take Motrin/pain pill (not sure what they will take). I'll update tomorrow.

Jedz,

thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like you're feeling better...enjoy your ride!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Daughter took Motrin 600. She started feeling tired and her muscles were sore. She said, “ I feel like I’m going through a growth spurt...her muscles ached because she had done some intense workout and jogged the day before.

During her anniversary dinner at 6pm, she put her head down on the table and felt like she could just sleep. We convinced her to elevate her feet on the couch and watch something on tele that would occupy her mind...it worked.

She’s probably still in bed right now/9:42am. I’ll hear from her soon...hopefully good news and she feels better.

Son-in-law had no issues except that he changed his mind about washing his cars yesterday...it turned out to be a sunny day after a night of light showers.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

My arm is still throbbing today with continued body aches, 600mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours is doing the trick.
    Jedz Moto
    1996 BMW R1100R
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Baatfam is online now Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Got a call from the county health department to let me know they moved up my appointment for #2...

Moved up from 1pm, to noon...
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Quote Originally Posted by Baatfam View Post
    Got a call from the county health department to let me know they moved up my appointment for #2...

Moved up from 1pm, to noon...
    Wow an hour! HAHA

I hear #2 is the one that kicks your butt! Hope you feel well through it Bob!
    Jedz Moto
    1996 BMW R1100R