Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: I got the COVID shot today

Oh for Gawd's sake ! You don't even feel the needle .... And every single " coffin dodger " on here has a souvenir little white circle on their arm from the last shot they got that completely eradicated a virus off the face of the earth .....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    1) The mortality rate in the USA for those that get C-19 is 1.77%. This means that even if you get it you are unlikely to die.

2) Of the people who have died the overwhelming majority have pre-existing conditions.

3) 75% of the people that have died are 65 years old or older.

So, if you are younger and have no pre-existing conditions your risk level is quite low. That right there makes a very compelling argument for many people to skip the shot.

I'm not advocating skipping, I just find some of the comments of condemnation in this thread "stupid."
    #1-Place a 100 M & Ms on the table before you you must eat one! All are contaminated with Covid19, some will do nothing to you, some way make you mildly ill, others make you very, very ill with life altering complications, two of them will kill you. Go ahead pick one.

Or make someone you love with preexisting conditions over the age of 65 eat one for you which would be the equivalent of not vaccinating. Without vaccination covid never goes away.

#2-20% of the population has preexisting conditions, they're defective and weak so apparently expendable.

#3-Mom and Dad and old people in general are expendable and of no consequence. Where do you draw the age line for who is expendable and who is not.

My 30ish kids don't agree which is why they've been isolating and masking as requested and are vaccinating asap, they care about others.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    I recall an American here who was indignant to be on the receiving end of the slur "yankee''. Don't remember who.
    In order to slur properly, is this map a good guide?

hahahha. Wikipedia is really your friend here. But personally I seldom use "yankee" because it's more defining as to locale and is used by Americans per the civil war or New Englanders more specifically...?Anyways, a southerner would not be called a yankee.... but a"Yank" is not used by Americans? Only in the Commonwealth? AND is (now I think on it) weirdly racist :A white person from the United States. Hawaiians, Latinos, Blacks, Asians somehow don't get included. ie: Jimi Hendrix wasn't a yank.
    So, unconsciously, I must have absorbed a better definition that I know.... (Wikipedia:British General James Wolfe made the earliest recorded use of the word "Yankee" in 1758 when he referred to the New England soldiers under his command.)
    Last edited by Gorminrider; 05-06-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorminrider View Post
    hahahha. Wikipedia is really your friend here. But personally I seldom use "yankee" because it's more defining as to locale and is used by Americans per the civil war or New Englanders more specifically...?Anyways, a southerner would not be called a yankee.... but a"Yank" is not used by Americans? Only in the Commonwealth? AND is (now I think on it) weirdly racist :A white person from the United States. Hawaiians, Latinos, Blacks, Asians somehow don't get included. ie: Jimi Hendrix wasn't a yank.
    So, unconsciously, I must have absorbed a better definition that I know.... (Wikipedia:British General James Wolfe made the earliest recorded use of the word "Yankee" in 1758 when he referred to the New England soldiers under his command.)
    I always use the term " Yank " as anybody south of the 49th just as I assume a " Kanucklehead " is anybody north of it.... Might not be the correct term but that is how I use it ..... In your example of Jimi Hendrix I do think of him as a Yank just as I think of his grandma as a Kanucklehead ...... But that is my usage not an official definition .....
    Last edited by bccap; 05-06-2021 at 12:50 PM.
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Nessism is online now Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

The reasoning as to why some people don't want the shot is clearly defined. You guys don't have to like the reasoning but the arguments against belong in the Vortex, not here. This thread is supposed to be about people's experiences with the shot.

Baatfam is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

The reasoning as to why some people don't want the shot is clearly defined.
    No it's not. Not one person has articulated a VALID reason to not get the shot.

I understand they think they don't have to, that's not what I am looking for.
    I want to know how it hurts them, how they lose something, what is the fear all about. Needles? What?

"I don't wanna, because I don't have to," is not a valid reason.
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

The reasoning as to why some people don't want the shot is clearly defined. You guys don't have to like the reasoning but the arguments against belong in the Vortex, not here. This thread is supposed to be about people's experiences with the shot.
    Then why did you bring up the reasons people won't get the shot? lol
    No signature

Nessism is online now Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Baatfam View Post
    No it's not. Not one person has articulated a VALID reason to not get the shot.
    I gave you a valid reason. You just don't like it.

Getting a needle stuck in them and shot with a chemical that people feel they don't need IS A REASON.

I've never actually thought of a "DUMB REASON " as a " REASON " ... But if it floats your boat knock yourself out ......
    1983 GS 750

Baatfam is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

I gave you a valid reason. You just don't like it.

Getting a needle stuck in them and shot with a chemical that people feel they don't need IS A REASON.
    Sorry, not valid.

"Feeling" they don't need it, is not only not valid, it is selfish, and not based in science.
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB