Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 656

Thread: I got the COVID shot today

  1. #481
    dpep's Avatar
    dpep is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    15,528

    Default

    I see no problem disagreeing about vaccine acceptance. It is a subject that can affect us all and is not inherently political in nature. If we stick to the science aspects and avoid posting on political figures and parties I think we can safely keep it in Campfire.

    Simply disagreeing with someone in civil fashion is not attacking that person. The operative word of course is 'civil.'
    ...
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

    Nature bats last.

    80 GS850G / 2009 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

    Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

  2. #482
    dpep's Avatar
    dpep is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    15,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    Rob S. post disappeared. It was a beauty! Did he delete it or did Dep?

    BTW, I've got it saved.
    Ed, I soft deleted it only because it cast the vaccine issue as a political one primarily. It really wasn't that bad. I just did not want to get started in that direction. Otherwise I haven't seen any issue with the thread. It has never been the rule that members could not disagree on subjects in Campfire.
    ...
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

    Nature bats last.

    80 GS850G / 2009 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

    Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpep View Post

    Simply disagreeing with someone in civil fashion is not attacking that person. The operative word of course is 'civil.'
    ...
    I had thought a tag team imported from the Vortex whose habit it is to single out and pile on an individual to not be Campfire civil.
    1979 GS1000
    1981 GL500 Interstate

  4. #484
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    26,224

    Default

    The most feisty thing on this thread has been defining " valid reason " ..... Not exactly reaching the definition of " uncivil discourse " ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    MoN, AZ
    Posts
    17,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    I've reported this thread and asked it to be moved to the Votrex. What are the chances? The last Covid thread in the Campfire was moved because certain people couldn't act civil and this thread is following suit. Heard on the radio a few minutes ago that religion, politics, and the vaccine are the three things that can't be discussed civilly these days. This thread is case in point on the last part.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

    2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

  6. #486
    earlfor's Avatar
    earlfor is online now Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Brooksville Fl.
    Posts
    42,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    I had thought a tag team imported from the Vortex whose habit it is to single out and pile on an individual to not be Campfire civil.
    Civility is a matter of how something is being discussed rather than what is being discussed. The number of people involved has nothing to do with that.
    I support entropy for all.

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    How about 'bad manners'?
    1979 GS1000
    1981 GL500 Interstate

  8. #488
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    26,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    I had thought a tag team imported from the Vortex whose habit it is to single out and pile on an individual to not be Campfire civil.
    Now this post does meet the criteria of " uncivil discourse " ..... Every other post on the subject currently being discussed has been on defining a " valid reason " .... But this one DOES personally attack members ....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

  9. #489
    Nessism's Avatar
    Nessism is online now Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    33,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpep View Post
    Ed, I soft deleted it only because it cast the vaccine issue as a political one primarily. It really wasn't that bad. I just did not want to get started in that direction. Otherwise I haven't seen any issue with the thread. It has never been the rule that members could not disagree on subjects in Campfire.
    ...
    Well Don, guess I'm not surprised by your point of view but I am disappointed in your vision. Your CNN video points the finger defining the antivaxxers as primarily Republicans and as "stupid" people. Maybe I expect too much from a mod?

  10. #490
    earlfor's Avatar
    earlfor is online now Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Brooksville Fl.
    Posts
    42,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    Well Don, guess I'm not surprised by your point of view but I am disappointed in your vision. Your CNN video points the finger defining the antivaxxers as primarily Republicans and as "stupid" people. Maybe I expect too much from a mod?
    The CNN information is correct. Republicans ARE by a wide majority, the antivaxxers. here are the numbers for you. https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_us_020321/
    As for level of stupidity, I have no method of measuring that quality.
    I support entropy for all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •