Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: I got the COVID shot today

argonsagas is offline Forum LongTimer Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    Airlines flying to international destinations would be high on the list to demand proof of vaccination. If they let someone board the plane without vaccination documentation they'd could be held responsible for that person when they arrive at a foreign destination which refuses the passenger admittance. Border security could demand the airline fly the person out at it's own expense.

Canada has already arrested and fined people who arrived on international flights who either lied about or falsified vaccination documentation, $10K in one case. Unbelievably there are people who think lying to Border Security is a not a big deal.
    You are really hopeful.

While they could range between large lies and small ones, CBSA expects to hear some lies from 70% of all arriving people, regardless of the means of travel and regardless of their being visitors or citizens.
    "The only thing worse than ignorance is arrogance." AE

Quote Originally Posted by argonsagas View Post
    You are really hopeful.

While they could range between large lies and small ones, CBSA expects to hear some lies from 70% of all arriving people, regardless of the means of travel and regardless of their being visitors or citizens.
    There's a significant difference between lying about the smoked sausage you didn't declare and falsifying entry documents.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    There's a significant difference between lying about the smoked sausage you didn't declare and falsifying entry documents.
    Yup.... They'll throw the book at you ..... And likely stick you in a room to sweat for a few hours just because it's such an a$$hole thing to do ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Got my first AV shot today. Seriously impressed by the people doing the job.
    From gatekeeper at the hotel to the woman giving the shot you couldn't ask for a more professional crew.
    80 GS850GT
    79 Z400B

Iím not disagreeing with anyone here, Iím only wanting to point out something seems to be overlooked.
    Using my situation as an example, I was tested on a Sunday, received the results back the very next day on Monday and it came back negative. Nine hours after receiving results back saying I was negative, I was hit hard and fast with symptoms, went Tuesday and got tested again and then Wednesday morning received results back saying I was positive.
    The point is that anyone flying or traveling could be tested the day before getting on a plane then travel thinking they were negative and during the flight start showing symptoms.

Itís already been found that people who have received vaccinations can still get the COVID meaning that just because you are vaccinated doesnít mean youíre immune, it just means that you are better equipped to avoid catching it and when you get tested, it doesnít necessarily mean you havenít been exposed or arenít sick, it just means that youíre not symptomatic when the test was performed.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Right now I know at least 4 people 32 and younger that have covid. One of them was hospitalized with blood clots in the lungs. Most of us olds are vaccinated but it ain't over.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqjChIgzP5Y
    1986 yamaha fazer 700 - for sale
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Quote Originally Posted by wacky941 View Post
    Iím not disagreeing with anyone here, Iím only wanting to point out something seems to be overlooked.
    Using my situation as an example, I was tested on a Sunday, received the results back the very next day on Monday and it came back negative. Nine hours after receiving results back saying I was negative, I was hit hard and fast with symptoms, went Tuesday and got tested again and then Wednesday morning received results back saying I was positive.
    The point is that anyone flying or traveling could be tested the day before getting on a plane then travel thinking they were negative and during the flight start showing symptoms.

Itís already been found that people who have received vaccinations can still get the COVID meaning that just because you are vaccinated doesnít mean youíre immune, it just means that you are better equipped to avoid catching it and when you get tested, it doesnít necessarily mean you havenít been exposed or arenít sick, it just means that youíre not symptomatic when the test was performed.
    Labs and varying test methods are inaccurate more often than most people think. I caught a terrible respiratory bug about a month after I received the last vaccination. I was pretty sick for a week. My Doctor told me to stay home unless I couldn't control the symptoms, like fever. He told me that I would test positive, the test checks for the antibodies which I had from the vaccination. It has been about a month, and I am still trying to get rid of the cough.
    1981 GS1100E
    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Canada has already arrested and fined people who arrived on international flights who either lied about or falsified vaccination documentation, $10K in one case. Unbelievably there are people who think lying to Border Security is a not a big deal.
    Nothing stopped them from ignoring the "mandatory" isolation period either.

Sadly, you cannot trust all people to do the right thing.
    Most governments and many people failed to understand a pandemic's similarity to the War of the Worlds. Firstly, as a war, secondly, the lesson the "martians" learned- underestimating the power of the unseen.
    Last edited by Gorminrider; 05-08-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wacky941 View Post
    I’m not disagreeing with anyone here, I’m only wanting to point out something seems to be overlooked.

It’s already been found that people who have received vaccinations can still get the COVID meaning that just because you are vaccinated doesn’t mean you’re immune, it just means that you are better equipped to avoid catching it and when you get tested, it doesn’t necessarily mean you haven’t been exposed or aren’t sick, it just means that you’re not symptomatic when the test was performed.
    We had a healthy 17yr old test negative and die at home. Never felt ill enough to go to the ER until it was too late. Tests aren't perfect and neither is the vaccine.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    Saturday April 24, 2021/8:23am

Eldest daughter is back to her usual self. She discussed with each of us, how she was coping with the situation and how the nursing station REALLY knew how to talk to her. That's all I'll say about that.

Wife, daughter & SIL are still doing well...no symptoms or abnormalities from the J&J vaccine.

Ed

Monday 10 May 2021

Welp, daughter changed her mind about getting her second shot on Sunday (yesterday). The location where she got her shot will be doing walk-ins soon so she has time to get her second shot. Nerves were too much for her...at least she can go before the 40+ days the first shot is good till.

Wife, daughter and SIL are all good at this time.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.