1991 cbr600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 cbr600

Looking at one, not because I want another bike to keep, but to flip. Its an 18 year old who doesnt want to work on it, i say that because he says it needs a carb clean and the tank cleaned but hes selling it stupid low. All i asked is if all the plastics are there and if theres a title, he hasn't answered or seen it but I was gonna offer him a grand. The thing runs he says, I know I'd be stepping into new territory with it being liquid cooled and also chaindrive, is there anything new to look for when inspecting other than the obvious coolant and oil mixing making blueish smoke.

Not buying before my bike is done but I have high hopes it is once I get back my choke plunger, got told the rubber was more like plastic.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Also a guy that lives close to me has a gpz900r that's been sitting for a while, he got it out of storage but never worked on it, I'm gonna have to stop by and talk to him about it and based on what he says and how he talks about it I might offer to take it off of him for a good fee. The thing is, it's been sitting for quite possibly decades, I'll have to talk to him.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

The carbs on the CBR are easy to remove being downdraft. However, getting to the clamp screws can be a bear. You need a long screwdriver and there are holes in the frame to get access to them. The regulator rectifier on these are notorious for melting. Upgrade it with a SH775 and Triumph harness.
      As for the Ninja 900, for sure give it a compression test. Some have bad valves

Mad
      83 GS750E
      2006 ZX14
      2004 KTM 450 EXC
      2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

We sold my son's 1991 CBR600, running and with all its bodywork for $1000. I'd offer the kid $500 and negotiate.
        You can get replica bodywork from China

Mad
        83 GS750E
        2006 ZX14
        2004 KTM 450 EXC
        2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Thanks for the info!
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

He hasn't hit me back and it's been 3 days, guess I'll talk to the guy with the GPZ.
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
            X