Anyone use VR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use VR?

We recently picked up an Oculous Quest 2 Virtual Reality headset. OMG! This must be how Frodo felt putting on the ring. One main difference, according to the goofy pictures my wife took of me, I didn't disappear though. I knew gaming has changed by leaps and bounds since I bought my XBox 20 years ago, but this is just incredible.

We've only scratched the surface of what this thing can do, but I can't wait to explore more. So far we've downloaded only one game called Beat Saber.

Has anyone else used a VR headset?
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Apparently, you stand alone...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Tried my sons once. Got dizzy and felt like I was going to throw up. Apparently not for me, LOL.
      1981 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Apparently, you stand alone...
        There is a stationary mode too so you can sit and watch videos too. But yeah, it would be nice to have someone to share that environment with. Need to get another for my wife.

Originally posted by bull958 View Post
        Tried my sons once. Got dizzy and felt like I was going to throw up. Apparently not for me, LOL.
        Funny you should mention that. Not all VR sessions make me motion sick, like flying a wing suit over Switzerland (which is breathtaking) but riding with Jedz through Vermont on a youtube video got to me.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I tried one. A cheapy, but yes, incredible! a bit of a shock for the brain. ....Still, I didn't rush out and buy a headset. There's the feel of an "engineered experience" that I don't like much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
            I tried one. A cheapy, but yes, incredible! a bit of a shock for the brain. ....Still, I didn't rush out and buy a headset. There's the feel of an "engineered experience" that I don't like much.
            Sounds like Schwarzenegger's reaction to the "sex experience" of the movie Total Recall
            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

I tried my son’s once. Simply amazing.
              I heard last week on the radio that people are visiting virtual movie theaters using VR and watching movies "together".
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I havent, but my brother recently got one and said it's kinda overwhelming at first, I'm sure it's a surreal experience.

I really like watching gameplay of the game gladius, maybe check it out, you get to fight in the Colosseum. Maybe watch gladiator to get pumped up to duel lol.
                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                1982 XS650

Comment

Friend has one damned cool
                  If it can induce nausea its real enough

But they used to rent time in rigs with Amiga based computers 30plus years ago
                  Crap graphics
                  Was a good cheap thrill at 20bucks for ten minutes
                  Recall shooting down my pilot buddy who never was told about pulling up while throttling back

This adds a wonderful dimension to gaming and is worth the money
                  I was impressed that presbyopia didn't ruin the experience and that the manufacturer built enough diopter correction for old folks
                  Last edited by Cipher; 02-20-2021, 03:49 PM.
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Quest is a personal data mining platform that utilizes a VR product to accomplish that goal. They make their money from selling your information, not their product. But then, if you're on Facebook, everything that's possible to be known about you is already for sale. LOL Also, Quest is based on Facebook and will not work without a FB account.
                    Last edited by earlfor; 02-20-2021, 04:34 PM.
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I am a bit far sighted too, Cipher, and it blurrs the display a tad but it's still enjoyable. I mainly got this to help prolong the diminishing effects of Parkinson's. It is beneficial for the symptoms to combine multiple stimuli, audio, visual, physical movement.

Last night I downloaded a boxing game called Creed, a spin off from the Rocky movie series. Standing eye to eye with an opponent in the ring at a venue similar to Madison Square Garden sent a chill up my spine. Knocking that ugly cuss out was glorious!

I know it's a data mine for Facebook and that they designed the softwarel. I suppose they can mine my profile for home improvement ideas and old motorcycle pictures if they really want to.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        I am a bit far sighted too, Cipher, and it blurrs the display a tad but it's still enjoyable. I mainly got this to help prolong the diminishing effects of Parkinson's. It is beneficial for the symptoms to combine multiple stimuli, audio, visual, physical movement.

Last night I downloaded a boxing game called Creed, a spin off from the Rocky movie series. Standing eye to eye with an opponent in the ring at a venue similar to Madison Square Garden sent a chill up my spine. Knocking that ugly cuss out was glorious!

I know it's a data mine for Facebook and that they designed the softwarel. I suppose they can mine my profile for home improvement ideas and old motorcycle pictures if they really want to.

Was only throwing info out there, nothing in particular intended. Preferences and interpretations are not my department. lol
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I ordered a Valve Index rig about a year ago when I heard about Half-Life Alyx coming out. I had been putting it off hoping something from that franchise would come along and show the industry what a VR game done well could be. I wasn't wrong about that. I played a lot of Boneworks before Alyx was shipped, and a few other titles since (plus Alyx mods), but I haven't had time to try out flying or driving games. I think it's been a couple months now since I had any time for VR.
                          Dogma
                          --
                          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                          '80 GS850 GLT
                          '80 GS1000 GT
                          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                            I ordered a Valve Index rig about a year ago when I heard about Half-Life Alyx coming out. I had been putting it off hoping something from that franchise would come along and show the industry what a VR game done well could be. I wasn't wrong about that. I played a lot of Boneworks before Alyx was shipped, and a few other titles since (plus Alyx mods), but I haven't had time to try out flying or driving games. I think it's been a couple months now since I had any time for VR.
                            Hi there I am newbie here and I am also looking for it but I don't have any idea which one is the best to buy and I think on this post I will find that one.

Comment

Originally posted by dustine79 View Post
                              Hi there I am newbie here and I am also looking for it but I don't have any idea which one is the best to buy and I think on this post I will find that one.
                              So your first post on a motorcycle forum is about buying a VR headset? How about going to the GS Owners sub forum and introduce yourself and your bike(s). Welcome to the forum.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                              X