Anyone use VR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    So your first post on a motorcycle forum is about buying a VR headset? How about going to the GS Owners sub forum and introduce yourself and your bike(s). Welcome to the forum.
    Rich, maybe he is working on a virtual GS and needs the best tool for the job?
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      As crazy as that sounds, check out how Keanu Reeves is using VR in his work.

Last edited by Burque73; 09-21-2021, 10:30 AM.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Wow. A Hollywood star riding high-end, custom motorcycles. How unique.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          Wow. A Hollywood star riding high-end, custom motorcycles. How unique.
          He's not just riding, he is the head of the company.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

He's not just riding, he is the head of the company.
            You mean between the skilled fabricator, and the Hollywood star, the movie star is the one with all the money?!? Does Tom Cruise know about this? Somebody call Jay Leno!

I think I'm channeling Steve McQueen...and Clark Gable.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

You mean between the skilled fabricator, and the Hollywood star, the movie star is the one with all the money?!? Does Tom Cruise know about this? Somebody call Jay Leno!

I think I'm channeling Steve McQueen...and Clark Gable.
              OK, Rob, I can see you're not a KR fan. If money were no object, I'd buy one of his ARCH bikes. Better looking that any HD I've ever seen.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

So your first post on a motorcycle forum is about buying a VR headset? How about going to the GS Owners sub forum and introduce yourself and your bike(s). Welcome to the forum.
                Doh!

Funny guy!

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                As crazy as that sounds, check out how Keanu Reeves is using VR in his work.

That is pretty cool!

Pity we don't have $78K for a custom built bike. Heck, none of us here would think that's a "practical purchase" unless ONE has disposable income. Even then, we are tight-wads anyways...lol.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

The most I ever paid for two wheels was $6K for my '68 'glide.
                  Many were much, much less. Never saw a reason to spend more.

Comment

Actually, I've admired him ever since I saw him outrun a nuclear blast on a Honda 750 (Chain Reaction).

In fact I do admire him, even if none of his films is in my top ten (or twenty). A smart, disciplined man. Never see him in any gossip or scandal columns. Someone who has realized that between rich and famous, rich is quite sufficient.

Comment

Many were much, much less. Never saw a reason to spend more.
                      If I had my way, I'd limit myself to $10K...but the wife would cap my knees...lol!!!

I was lucky to get my 2021 Tacoma this year...but first, Refi/Cash Out Mortgage put some money in our account for Kitchen/All wood floors/Master Bathroom remodel.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

'68 Electra Glide?!? Got any pics (a lot, I hope)?

Stories? (A lot, I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                          If I had my way, I'd limit myself to $10K...but the wife would cap my knees...lol!!!

I was lucky to get my 2021 Tacoma this year...but first, Refi/Cash Out Mortgage put some money in our account for Kitchen/All wood floors/Master Bathroom remodel.

Ed

You'll have to help me, I've never been married. Refi/Cash Out Mortgage, Kitchen/All Wood Floors, Master Bathroom Remodel, these are all names of bike models, yes?

Comment

'68 Electra Glide?!? Got any pics (a lot, I hope)?

Stories? (A lot, I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              We recently picked up an Oculous Quest 2 Virtual Reality headset. OMG! This must be how Frodo felt putting on the ring. One main difference, according to the goofy pictures my wife took of me, I didn't disappear though. I knew gaming has changed by leaps and bounds since I bought my XBox 20 years ago, but this is just incredible.

We've only scratched the surface of what this thing can do, but I can't wait to explore more. So far we've downloaded only one game called Beat Saber.

Has anyone else used a VR headset?
                              Tried Sonys variant its mind blowing
                              As virtually real as the Amiga system out in the early 90s
                              Better graphics but the nausea and amazement is just the same
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Tacoma Time!!!

You'll have to help me, I've never been married. Refi/Cash Out Mortgage, Kitchen/All Wood Floors, Master Bathroom Remodel, these are all names of bike models, yes?
                                Lol!!!

We refinanced (Refi) our mortgage...2nd time. Cash out is the term used for equity in your home.

The appraisal for our home was FANTASTIC! Considering since 2018 we bought new systems for the house (water heater & main HVAC) and contracted out a stand alone smaller HVAC unit for our 2nd floor bonus room which included insulating the floor (ceiling of the garage) and insulating parts of the attic that had open areas where air escaped. I also had a new two-car garage door (double metal layer & double spring) installed to replace the aged single metal layer (single spring) dilapidated one in 2017.

Plus, I repaired the old deck wood and cleaned up the yard really nice...which helped us get a great appraisal...which helped us get a higher 80% loan (from the appraisal) which lead to a higher "equity" difference between our current loan payoff and what the bank loaned us. Thus being able to fund the remodeling of the kitchen, pull ALL the carpet in the house and get wood floors, and plan to remodel the master bath. I want a new roof but the wife says after all the inside remodeling is done.

It helps that we've been paying into this mortgage for 15 years so that brought down the principle of the loan. That plus we paid off all our credit card debt in early 2021 which gave us a FANTASTIC FICO score, which helped us get a FANTASTIC 15-year interest rate. We are set to payoff the house the same year we intended when we got our initial 30yr mortgage loan.

After a couple of months into the new mortgage, it was Tacoma Time! I traded in my 2010 CX-9 and put down $5K to knock off $10K from the total price and bob's your uncle.

I've only had 3 bikes/motorcycles in my life. The first one gave me an experience I'll never forget and the "T" was reliable while working for Boeing in Alamogordo, NM.

Any other questions...?

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-22-2021, 01:24 PM.
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X